The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

All playoffs over, leagues are sorted for next year, and there's already rumours Di Matteo is to be announced as Watford manager on Friday. Give me a break.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Regardless of the money they've spent, all these promotions in recent years are a brilliant achievement. Congratulations Fleetwood.

Just another Crawley gaining artificial success.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1302
Original post by Midlander
Just another Crawley gaining artificial success.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And like Creepy Crawley, the financial bubble will soon go bust, and Cheatwood can go back to the North West Counties league where they belong. Really can't stand teams like that. And seemingly Eastleigh will be the next one.
I was partly glad that Fleetwood went up though, as it means they can't distort the wage and transfer fees in League 2 now
Original post by bun
And like Creepy Crawley, the financial bubble will soon go bust, and Cheatwood can go back to the North West Counties league where they belong. Really can't stand teams like that. And seemingly Eastleigh will be the next one.
I was partly glad that Fleetwood went up though, as it means they can't distort the wage and transfer fees in League 2 now

We are losing even more players this summer for literally nothing. I expect a battering from Fleetwood which shows how bloody awful my club's being run.
Reports that good old Leon may be off to Crawley on loan... oh it would be glorious!
Original post by hskjlclcn
Reports that good old Leon may be off to Crawley on loan... oh it would be glorious!

Pretending to be injured so he could move to Wolves seems to have worked a treat for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently a member of One Direction is going to be a director of Doncaster Rovers soon. Surely if the video of him the other week in Peru is genuine then he should not pass the owner and directors test?
Original post by barnetlad
Apparently a member of One Direction is going to be a director of Doncaster Rovers soon. Surely if the video of him the other week in Peru is genuine then he should not pass the owner and directors test?

So long as the fixtures get fulfilled the League doesn't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by barnetlad

My question is what happens when the money stops coming in for One Direction? They won't be the best thing since sliced bread forever.
Original post by CraigWM
My question is what happens when the money stops coming in for One Direction? They won't be the best thing since sliced bread forever.

See above. It's all gravy as long as the fixtures are fulfilled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM

1D could split up tomorrow (if only...) and it wouldn't affect them, they've already earnt enough money to sort them out for life. The guy is likely to have a higher net worth than a few of the owners in League One already.
I don't think the fit and proper persons test gives a **** about someone having a joint.
Original post by sr90
1D could split up tomorrow (if only...) and it wouldn't affect them, they've already earnt enough money to sort them out for life. The guy is likely to have a higher net worth than a few of the owners in League One already.

Money would run out eventually, though, surely? I think the plan is to have Doncaster in the premiership in three years, that won't come cheap.
Original post by Jangrafess
I don't think the fit and proper persons test gives a **** about someone having a joint.

And nor should it - have a toke doesn't make someone an unfit owner. What should be considered is simply their history in terms of money management and previous management of businesses/clubs (if applicable).

Besides, can't be any worse than John Ryan and his ego trip (playing himself in one match because he could).
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
And nor should it - have a toke doesn't make someone an unfit owner. What should be considered is simply their history in terms of money management and previous management of businesses/clubs (if applicable).

Besides, can't be any worse than John Ryan and his ego trip (playing himself in one match because he could).

It never is though is it. The test is a joke and so is the organisation which administers it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sad news for Hereford fans with seeing their club being expelled from the Conference. Even worse news for North Wales Police that Chester have been reinstated. Just for the Chester-Wrexham game alone it cost them £40,000 to have the right amount of staff available for it to become a "bubble" match. So if you take both matches that's roughly £80,000 to police two games in the Conference which seems a hell of a lot.
Reply 1316
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Sad news for Hereford fans with seeing their club being expelled from the Conference. Even worse news for North Wales Police that Chester have been reinstated. Just for the Chester-Wrexham game alone it cost them £40,000 to have the right amount of staff available for it to become a "bubble" match. So if you take both matches that's roughly £80,000 to police two games in the Conference which seems a hell of a lot.

I see they've appointed Jon McCarthy as coach/community director etc role. Hope it works out well for him - one of the best players we've had at York, and a nice guy too, by all accounts.
So Leeds United have appointed David Hockaday as the new head coach...

What seems to have happened here is Cellino wants to pick & manage the squad, but doesn't have the necessary badges to be a football league manager, so has installed this man as a puppet to do whatever Cellino tells him. At this point I'd rather have Moy- Alright maybe not :tongue:
Original post by Silver Arrows
So Leeds United have appointed David Hockaday as the new head coach...

What seems to have happened here is Cellino wants to pick & manage the squad, but doesn't have the necessary badges to be a football league manager, so has installed this man as a puppet to do whatever Cellino tells him. At this point I'd rather have Moy- Alright maybe not :tongue:

Bizarre stuff though at least the FL are happy with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
VYDRA'S BACK. Next season just got that little bit more exciting. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest