The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Sociology offer holders - 2014

Hey!
I thought I would start this thread so I could talk to some fellow offer holder for Sociology. Also, who is actually planing to accept the offer from Warwick?:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by venezia12
Hey!
I thought I would start this thread so I could talk to some fellow offer holder for Sociology. Also, who is actually planing to accept the offer from Warwick?:smile:

Hii. Yes, I am planning on accepting the offer as a firm choice and the one thing I am really excited about the degree Warwick offers in Sociology is the diversity in the topics you can choose from xDD. Although I'm not entirely sure as to whether I really have been given the offer as nothing on UCAS has been updated in relation to this.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hey , I've been offered a place for BA law and sociology, not sure about it yet tho, have to decide on my firm and insurance :/
Reply 3
Original post by Shelbymj123
Hey , I've been offered a place for BA law and sociology, not sure about it yet tho, have to decide on my firm and insurance :/

Hey!
Congratulations on you offer! If you don't mind me asking, how likely are you to choose Warwick? Is there a particular reason you are hesitant to choose Warwick? I'm asking because I'm not sure about it yet either and I would be interested in knowing your thoughts about it.
Reply 4
Hey ive just made Warwick my firm choice for sociology :smile:
Reply 5
Hi there! Thinking about firming Warwick for Politics and Sociology :smile:
I'm still waiting for all the universities to reply, but Warwick is the favorite.
Reply 6
Original post by EmilyStrange13
Hii. Yes, I am planning on accepting the offer as a firm choice and the one thing I am really excited about the degree Warwick offers in Sociology is the diversity in the topics you can choose from xDD. Although I'm not entirely sure as to whether I really have been given the offer as nothing on UCAS has been updated in relation to this.

You should probably contact UCAS...
Original post by Julia May
You should probably contact UCAS...

I did think of contacting UCAS but I thought that maybe I should contact Warwick's Admissions Office first. I sent them an email regarding why I had not received an update on UCAS regarding my offer. I was then sent an email a couple of days later stating that there had been an error with my offer and that my application was still being considered.

I was pretty disappointed about that but then to my surprise I got an email the next day from UCAS stating there had been a change regarding my application. I then logged into my UCAS account to find that I had been given a conditional offer from Warwick! xD
Reply 8
Am I the only male "on this thread" that has got a sociology offer :confused: regardless of which, I'm planning on firming it, and will not go to the offers holders open day, but will go on a general open day in summer, dont wanna miss any school days.
Reply 9
Original post by bkw321
Am I the only male "on this thread" that has got a sociology offer :confused: regardless of which, I'm planning on firming it, and will not go to the offers holders open day, but will go on a general open day in summer, dont wanna miss any school days.

I understand you completely! I have to rearrange several lessons to be able to go there, although I'm pretty sure it's going to be my firm choice...
Reply 10
Original post by Julia May
I understand you completely! I have to rearrange several lessons to be able to go there, although I'm pretty sure it's going to be my firm choice...

Yeah thing is, with my 6th form, they allow us to go on open days and all, but its just that i was going to sign up for the march one, but i've got History coursework deadlines in that month, so I contacted them, told them i'll just come to the general open day in the summer, so :biggrin: anyone decided what accommodation they're going for? Bluebell looks freaking magnificent, but its a hefty sum, but def going for an en suite.
Original post by bkw321
Yeah thing is, with my 6th form, they allow us to go on open days and all, but its just that i was going to sign up for the march one, but i've got History coursework deadlines in that month, so I contacted them, told them i'll just come to the general open day in the summer, so :biggrin: anyone decided what accommodation they're going for? Bluebell looks freaking magnificent, but its a hefty sum, but def going for an en suite.

I prefer Bluebell as well. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Ha! Let's all move there :wink:
Reply 13
History and Sociology, probably firming it
Reply 14
If anything after Sociology I'm gonna go into further study or a law conversion course; what are any others possible career paths.
Reply 15
I got my offer in December, having firmed yet though, planning to firm in the next couple of weeks
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Just a thought, this is a weird question. When we actually go to the uni and start, will they expect us to have textbooks, do they give a list on that stuff before or when we actually start?
Reply 17
I got an unconditional on March 3rd which I really didn't expect. It was easily my best choice so I confirmed it within the hour.

They sent an offer email with my student ID the next day. I'm male, currently on a gap year and ideally gunning for the cheapest accommodation available, Cryfields most likely :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by bkw321
Just a thought, this is a weird question. When we actually go to the uni and start, will they expect us to have textbooks, do they give a list on that stuff before or when we actually start?

I was there on an Open Day, and the library is massive! ) Current sociology students said that sociology section was big enough and we would need to buy only one or two books.
Reply 19
Original post by Necrojesta
I got an unconditional on March 3rd which I really didn't expect. It was easily my best choice so I confirmed it within the hour.

They sent an offer email with my student ID the next day. I'm male, currently on a gap year and ideally gunning for the cheapest accommodation available, Cryfields most likely :tongue:

Finally another male gees.

Quick Reply

Latest