Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bulking for the first time watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, iam 16, female 5'4 7.10 stone and what to gain weight. I've just started to use the Olympic bar with basic movements. Please can you give me advice on what to eat/not eat so I can gain muscle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Calculate your daily calorie needs using http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
    Add 500 calories, eat this amount including 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight.
    This will let you gain 1lb a week of mass

ReputationRep:
    ....Well I need to eat a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    I've worked out that I need 2300 calories to gain. Would this meal plan be ok?

Porridge with semi skimmed milk
    Wholewheat Pasta with chicken, tomato ect
    Apple
    Orange
    25g nuts
    Cheese sandwich
    Chicken, veg, rice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looks good to me, quantity is important though. Use a tracker like myfitnesspal and be really meticulous with your counting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L166y)

Apple
    Orange
    25g nuts
    Cheese sandwich
    Chicken, veg, rice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Track calories on myfitnesspal and start a lifting programme based on the compound movements (like you already mentioned)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L166y)

Apple
    Orange
    25g nuts
    Cheese sandwich
    Chicken, veg, rice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That seems good, but you need to be accurate with the quantities. Don't just eat an orange and then look up the calories in an average orange, you've got to weigh everything.

You might also find it useful to measure the amount of protein/carbs/fat you eat, but as long as your diet is balanced (which I think this one is), you should be getting suitable amounts of these nutrients.

ReputationRep:
    double your portions.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.