The Student Room Group

Labour to force commons vote on letting in thousands of Syrian refugees

Scroll to see replies

Those who do not follow Islam , cannot be Muslim.
Reply 21
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Those who do not follow Islam , cannot be Muslim.

No true Scotsman again:biggrin:
Reply 22
They're forcing a vote if i'm correct? They aren't just letting them in, they're allowing the commons to have their say, as they should.
Reply 23
Original post by The_Duck
They're forcing a vote if i'm correct? They aren't just letting them in, they're allowing the commons to have their say, as they should.

To be fair there's no real reason it should even be suggested, it's nothing to do with us.
Reply 24
Original post by Skip_Snip
To be fair there's no real reason it should even be suggested, it's nothing to do with us.

We may not have an obligation, but this doesn't mean that we shouldn't be allowed to help.
Reply 25
Original post by The_Duck
We may not have an obligation, but this doesn't mean that we shouldn't be allowed to help.

There are more ways to help than bringing them here, that's the worst thing that could happen.
There are more ways to help than bringing them here, that's the worst thing that could happen.

Such as? And why is it the worst thing to bring them here?
Reply 27
Hang on, I may be getting mixed up, but isn't one of the rules of asylum seekers is that they have to go to the closest country that'll take them in?

If I just got that from somewhere and it's wrong I apologies, but aren't there closer countries that can take them in?
Plus, with everything ****ty happening in the UK, why bother taking these people in? We've got stuff to sort out at home and not enough resources to do that. No more should be wasted on things like this.
Reply 28
Original post by SHallowvale
Such as? And why is it the worst thing to bring them here?

Sending money or food? Waste of money and space.
Why can't they flood other countries why is it out job to help
God no, what a waste of time, money, space and resources. There are plenty of places between here and there they could go, why make it our problem?

Nimbyism at its finest.
They will want jobs next then what? An education housing benefits support for there 20 cousins abroad.... Tr point is it can only get worse, plus they could be sharia extremists how do we vet them
Reply 32
Original post by St. Brynjar
Nimbyism at its finest.

Bit of a pointless comment, there are loads of "back yards" on between here and there.
Bit of a pointless comment, there are loads of "back yards" on between here and there.

Why is it their responsibility though? We can't just turn a blind eye to their suffering.
Reply 34
Original post by St. Brynjar
Why is it their responsibility though?

And why is it ours? They're nothing to do with us.
Why is it our responsibility? They can't just turn a blind eye either
Reply 36
Saudi Arabia and Qatar are more than happy to fund and arm the rebels in this conflict and both are extremely rich so they should accommodate their displaced Muslim brethren.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending