Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Jane Eyre interesting theory? *SPOILERS* watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I am studying Jane Eyre as part of A-Level English Lit, and thought up an interesting theory. I won't go into it fully on here, as it would be unfair to copy and paste a massive chunk of writing for you on here, but I will provide a link to my blog which goes into it in detail.

Basically, what if Jane Eyre IS Bertha Mason? Not in a metaphorical sense of 'Oh, Bertha is an embodiment of Jane's passion' or 'Oh, Bertha is just a crazy Jane', but what if Jane Eyre is a persona created by Bertha Mason to escape from her imprisonment in Thornfield? The whole of Jane's life is a way of Bertha doing everything she couldn't in reality, and so Jane is not real, and the whole of Jane Eyre is a life thought up by Bertha in her imagination as a way to cope whilst she is stuck, insane, in a room in Thornfield?

It would be great if you could all go to my website and read the full theory, it explains a lot I haven't covered here. This only partially a shameless plug

http://ben-assirati.tumblr.com/

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.