Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I unfortunately got rejected from Nottingham Vet School, and was offered the chance to transfer my application to Animal Science (and other similar subjects). I e-mailed to ask whether I'd be able to phone up on results day should I meet or exceed grade requirements, and was told that I could phone up the other vet schools but not Nottingham.
    Does anyone know why this might be? Has anyone had any experience doing the same thing?
    Thank you very much in advance

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but maybe it's because you haven't been interviewed?
    I've heard that Nottingham also have a waiting list and some people are rejected post interview, some are given an offer and some are put on their waiting list and are given a place should one become available. So it could also be because they know they will have a list of people that will be put on hold till results day. Don't quote me on that because I am not entirely sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ellieprice)
    Hey everyone!
    I unfortunately got rejected from Nottingham Vet School, and was offered the chance to transfer my application to Animal Science (and other similar subjects). I e-mailed to ask whether I'd be able to phone up on results day should I meet or exceed grade requirements, and was told that I could phone up the other vet schools but not Nottingham.
    Does anyone know why this might be? Has anyone had any experience doing the same thing?
    It's because you weren't interviewed I believe
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ellieprice)
    Hey everyone!
    Yep. They won't take anyone who didn't get to post interview stage. Makes sense really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Yep. They won't take anyone who didn't get to post interview stage. Makes sense really.
    Ahhh it does make sense, it's still totally gutting though! I had a bursary for Nottingham of £1000 per year I study there for attending Sutton Trust Summer School. Here's hoping for good news from my other universities!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.