Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what is sharon fruit is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Persimmon.

ReputationRep:
    http://bit.ly/1dUSkXj
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I know what a sharon fruit is, but I have not tasted an one so far. It looks like a tomato, if I'm not mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    Delicious (especially when overripe :drool:), but also somewhat unappetisingly known as 'kaki'.

ReputationRep:
    A persimmon, it is of a variety that doesn't get too big and really sweet when ripe but doesn't get crunchy.

Nearly all of it are cultivated in Israel.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I know what a sharon fruit is, but I have not tasted an one so far. It looks like a tomato, if I'm not mistaken.
    I guess it does look a bit like a tomato, but is certainly very different when you cut in to it. Much firmer, possibly somewhere between an apple and a mango it texture and how it looks...

ReputationRep:
    I tried one a few days ago, they don't really taste of anything. They're just really, really sweet and sugary.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like an orange tomato but intensely sweet almost segmented inside I got one of my friends hooked onto these she sends me a picture now every time she's having one. Strangely enough I've gone off them

ReputationRep:
    They're amazing! I first tried one in Singapore and then had to get my fix from the Turkish supermarket as Asda etc didn't sell them. Now I think everywhere does. Good in fruit salad or crumble!

ReputationRep:
    its a fruit named after sharon

ReputationRep:
    yummy, that's what it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayJp)
    They're amazing! I first tried one in Singapore and then had to get my fix from the Turkish supermarket as Asda etc didn't sell them. Now I think everywhere does. Good in fruit salad or crumble!
    You can cook them? :eek:

This I must try... :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    You can cook them? :eek:

This I must try... :drool:
    Yup! So good! They go even more sweet so you don't really need to use much sugar either!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.