Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I've applied for the primary pgce at Hertfordshire university, just wondering if anyone else has applied and if they have an interview in February

Would appreciate if anyone can comment and help with interviews they have had for the 2014 start

Look forward to hearing from you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nazmin91)
    Hey everyone,

I've applied for the primary pgce at Hertfordshire university, just wondering if anyone else has applied and if they have an interview in February

Would appreciate if anyone can comment and help with interviews they have had for the 2014 start

Look forward to hearing from you
    Hey! Yeah i've applied for primary at herts and have an interview on the 28th Feb - although as far as i'm aware i don't have anything to prepare for it? i know theres a group task and an individual interview, and i'm assuming a maths and english test

ReputationRep:
    That's great news! Good luck with the interview, I'm still waiting to hear from them

I would just go over questions they could possibly ask you at the individual interview and go through the tes website for current issues within education

Btw how are you planning on travelling to herts?

ReputationRep:
    That's great news! Good luck with the interview, I'm still waiting to hear from them

I would just go over questions they could possibly ask you at the individual interview and go through the tes website for current issues within education

Btw how are you planning on travelling to herts?
    Thanks! I hope you hear from them soon.
    I actually live in Hertfordshire so can fortunately rely on my parents to drive and drop me off there as you can't park. What about you? Apparently they have a good park-and-ride system so that might be worth checking out?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi both,

Firstly, congratulations rose96982 on getting an interview.

Nazmin91
    , I'm sure you will hear from us soon about an interview also, keeping holding on in there.

In terms on the interview, they would be asking things about work experiences, skills such as communications and how you have applied these and things related to work you have done outside of schools, sports etc.

Kind regards, and good luck

Chris
    University of Hertfordshire Official Rep

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the late reply but thank you rose96982

I've been called to interview
    Oh that's great for you to live so close! I live in enfield and apparently there's one bus that goes directly to Hertfordshire university so that's not too bad so

ReputationRep:
    Hey Chris!

Thank you for your comment, always nice to hear someone from the university taking an interest on future students! I have been invited to an interview so busy preparing for that now

Thanks again
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey Chris!

Thank you for your comment, always nice to hear someone from the university taking an interest on future students! I have been invited to an interview so busy preparing for that now

Thanks again
    Hi Nazmin91,

That is great news, well done! Be sure to follow us on both Facebook and Twitter to keep to date with the latest information for your interview and potential application to us. We can be found @DiscoverUH or as University of Hertfordshire on Facebook.

Kind Regards

Chris
    University of Hertfordshire Official Rep

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Are you able to give any specifics on what your interview entailed? How was the group activity? What questions were asked? What was the written assessment based on?

I have my interview soon and would really appreciate any information

ReputationRep:
    hey,

unfortunately i wasnt able to attend my interview so i have no idea what the interview entailed. I hope you find someone that can help you and wish you well with the upcoming interview
    sorry i couldnt have been of more help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mhogg88)
    Hi

Are you able to give any specifics on what your interview entailed? How was the group activity? What questions were asked? What was the written assessment based on?

I have my interview soon and would really appreciate any information
    Hi MHOGG88, I have an interview through clearing this week and was wondering of you could give me any pointers on what came up in yours? it would be greatly appreciated

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.