Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Whats the best approach for study in uni? How many hours do you all study a week? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been in uni about a year and a half but I changed my course I'm on a different now.
    I still don't know whats the best approach for studying. I keep ending up leaving the studying up to the last minute. I can't seem to get organised. My next semester starts next week I don't want to do the same thing.

I do a business course so it's very theory based but I have two more practical based modules accounting and statistics this semester.

What would be a good plan for studying a few days a week? during the week taking weekends off?

How many hours do you all study a week?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Create a timetable where you organise your time E.g. Do work until after lectures between x - x PM and after that allow time off. If you have a longer term project you can create a timetable to e.g. you want to get certain part of it done be the end of each week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a pretty similiar situation, in second year now and I don't know about you but for me a strict timetable doesn't really work. I think the key thing is to get into a regular routine (generally as well as for doing work) but make sure it's flexible.

I've a vague plan for how to keep up; I'm going to mainly use weekday afternoons for reading, going over the lectures and making notes from them. My aim is to basically go over one modules worth of content for a week per afternoon. If I don't get enough done on one of the afternoons, or have an afternoon off then I'll do it in the evening or weekend instead but definitely before the next week starts.
    & I'll do the bulk of my assignments in the evenings, since that's when I tend to do them anyway. Also whenever I get an assignment I will atleast look over it/start researching it the same week I get it.

This is only really works because on most weeks I'm finished at uni by 1pm (apart from on Mondays), so I've got quite a lot of time in the afternoons.

As for how many hours that'll be I'm not sure, I did it yesterday afternoon and spent around 3 or 4 hours working (including breaks) so it'll probably be around 14 hours a week excluding assignments.

I wonder if I'll keep ths up aha :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.