The Student Room Group

Private tutors - what do you think?

hey everyone, I'm going to an event about the growth of private tutoring. How do you feel about it? Do you/ would you use online or real word tutors? Any Qs you want me to ask?
Original post by (Tom)
hey everyone, I'm going to an event about the growth of private tutoring. How do you feel about it? Do you/ would you use online or real word tutors? Any Qs you want me to ask?

I would prefer a face-to-face session with a tutor - makes it more "real" and serious as if you're in an actual lesson, but that's just me :smile:

Question: do you happen to know where I can get good private tutors for A-Level Biology and Chemistry in Manchester?
Reply 2
Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal
I would prefer a face-to-face session with a tutor - makes it more "real" and serious as if you're in an actual lesson, but that's just me :smile:

Question: do you happen to know where I can get good private tutors for A-Level Biology and Chemistry in Manchester?

Hey, no I'm afraid I don't but there are some good websites for finding decent local tutors though
Original post by (Tom)
Hey, no I'm afraid I don't but there are some good websites for finding decent local tutors though

It's alright :smile: Do happen to have any links to those websites?
Reply 4
Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal
It's alright :smile: Do happen to have any links to those websites?

I like these guys https://www.tutorfair.com/
Reply 5
I would love to start up a charity in the future that uses tutors to help children from struggling social-economical backgrounds to achieve the best grades that they can, funded through events that said children would help set up.

It would be great to know what tutors would think about this - I have never had a tutor before so I'm not too sure how they handle different pupils.

I hope to get a tutor soon as I have heard that they can cover and confirm so much work in such a short space of time.
Never had a tutor and still managed to get great gcses and A levels.
What helps is the determination to try to understand something by reading it more than just one time and then asking your school teacher to go over it, and trying once more via practice, but if that still fails then go for a tutor.

Quick Reply