The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multitalented me
The BBC don't do it anymore?

The bbc only do the semis and the final.
Original post by K1NG93
The bbc only do the semis and the final.
Ok, thanks for informing me :smile: I remember they used to cover it daily though (night sessions & some Murray matches) anyway better than nothing I guess.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2762
Original post by K1NG93
Nadal is not ready to win no. :biggrin:

Wallah :wink:
Dimitrov vs Brown looks like a good game to watch right now, won't stay up for much longer though...
Original post by ubi1
Wallah :wink:

Do you agree? Nadal himself said it although I'm not buying it.
Stupid timings for this tournament. I will miss most of the matches.
Reply 2766
Original post by K1NG93
Do you agree? Nadal himself said it although I'm not buying it.

I know he said it but something seems different, you could sense some familiar is going to happen.:wink:
Original post by ubi1
I know he said it but something seems different, you could sense some familiar is going to happen.:wink:

Like what? Another early exit followed by 6 month break. :wink:
Reply 2768
Original post by K1NG93
Like what? Another early exit followed by 6 month break. :wink:

I can't remember is it 23-10 or 24-10:wink:
Original post by ubi1
I can't remember is it 23-10 or 24-10:wink:

Getting touchie huh?
So how is the speed and the bounce?
Pretty quick opener for Rafa there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krish4791
Pretty quick opener for Rafa there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I quite like the aussie open, thd results are there when I wake up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Murray will be out by the end of round 3, can just feel it
Federer on cruise control. Winner number 31 out of 86 points played.
Federer, Nadal and Murray all through in straight sets. Rafa possibly the most impressive of the 3.

IMO, the court isn't playing any different to last year, pace-wise or in terms of bounce.

Gulbis in the process of choking away an epic against Kokkinakis - just like I predicted :biggrin:
Schedule of Play out for tomorrow (provisional):

Rod Laver Arena (Morning): Ana Ivanovic (5) vs Lucie Hradecka on 2nd match, followed by Rafael Nadal (3) vs Mikhail Youzhny - sometime after 2pm local time (so 3-4am?)

Evening Session: Roger Federer (2) vs Yen-Hsun Lu around 8am, followed by Maria Sharapova (2) vs Petra Martic

Margaret Court Arena: Andy Murray (6) 2nd match on vs qualifier Yuki Bhambri. Evening matches feature Eugenie Bouchard and Nick Kyrgios

Other matches of note: Bernard Tomics vs Tobias Kamke, Tomas Berdych (7) vs Alejandro Falla, Grigor Dimitrov vs Dustin Brown, Thanasi Kokkinakis vs Ernests Gulbis

My Upset Pick for Tomorrow: Kokkinakis def. Gulbis

Yep, there we go! The young Aussies off to a bright start. Gulbis squanders 5 match points, 14 break points (many of those at the end) to lose 5-7, 6-0, 1-6, 7-6, 8-6 - throwing in double faults at critical moments.
Yep, there we go! The young Aussies off to a bright start. Gulbis squanders 5 match points, 14 break points (many of those at the end) to lose 5-7, 6-0, 1-6, 7-6, 8-6 - throwing in double faults at critical moments.

His shorts lost him that!
Original post by hskjlclcn
His shorts lost him that!

The crowd probably won it for Kokkinakis too. Still, it's amazing how many people have been winning after saving match points recently.
Reply 2779
The crowd probably won it for Kokkinakis too. Still, it's amazing how many people have been winning after saving match points recently.

Kyrgios saved 9(?) and went on to beat Gasquet at Wimbledon last year. Insane.

Quick Reply

Latest