The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skkc16
:biggrin: not in the women's final. Serena will make Sharapova's life hell, can't wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, the thing is Serena can be patchy against everyone else and then just turns it on against Sharapova and beats her handily so we'll see. The streak has to end at some point though but yeah maybe not this time, Serena is a beast in finals especially
Murray was great but Berdych was pathetic. Whoever wins the next semi will be the favourite in the final.
Reply 2942
Original post by K1NG93
Stan could drop to 10 in the rankings if he loses to Nishikori. That's what happens when you only really turn up for two tournaments and mug around in the rest.

Stan is real mug only way he gains credibility if he makes to the final

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
Stan is real mug only way he gains credibility if he makes to the final

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or if plays well. Not like the last time when he played Djokovic.
I honestly don't think Murray would have made the final if he had to play Federer or Nadal. Just my opinion so don't kill me for it.
Reply 2945
Original post by Krish4791
Maybe that's what we're building up to. Serena's been claiming sickness the last few days, so she's either going to fight and win like a warrior in the final, or she's got her excuse lined up just in case her 11-year dominance over Sharapova ends.

Roger will stay at No. 2 for a while - only Murray could pressure him, and he has to win the Australian Open for that.

Nads will be there overtake Fed soon just wait till Rio open starts lol! I say nads making improvements in IW-MI and then a better clay court season so by the end of clay season Nads could be no. 2 . Murray may spoil the party for nads due to AO-Wimby

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2946
According to stats Murray has been the best returner in this AO, let's hope he can maintain the great return stats for the whole year and improve the second serve ! MURRAY playing for the CAREER Slam at RG? I do hope murray can get some big titles his obviously the weakest when it comes to big 4 career wise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
Nads will be there overtake Fed soon just wait till Rio open starts lol! I say nads making improvements in IW-MI and then a better clay court season so by the end of clay season Nads could be no. 2 . Murray may spoil the party for nads due to AO-Wimby

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nadal will decline this year. You know he isn't 25 any more.
Reply 2948
Original post by K1NG93
Nadal will decline this year. You know he isn't 25 any more.

Order will be restored during the clay season this year:redface:

Nadal has plenty of time to get back in shape:rolleyes:

Everybody has his number until RG starts even the infamous Soderling is in the negative :wink:
Reply 2949
Original post by K1NG93
Or if plays well. Not like the last time when he played Djokovic.

Nole will win in 4 I think he hasn't even droped a set yet:frown: But as Murray has been the best returner nole been the best server.:frown:

I want Murray to win :angry:
Original post by ubi1
Order will be restored during the clay season this year:redface:

Nadal has plenty of time to get back in shape:rolleyes:

Everybody has his number until RG starts even the infamous Soderling is in the negative :wink:

He will probably win RG this year but if you are expecting another 2013, then don't.

And last year he wasn't that dominant on clay.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ubi1
Nole will win in 4 I think he hasn't even droped a set yet:frown: But as Murray has been the best returner nole been the best server.:frown:

I want Murray to win :angry:

I want Stan to win but between Murray and Djokovic, I want like Djokovic to win. I can't stand Murray tbh.
Reply 2952
Original post by K1NG93
He will probably win RG this year but if you are expecting another 2013, then don't.

And last year he wasn't that dominant on clay.

I know thats why I said Nadal will have a normal clay season not a shocking one like last year, nevertheless am not too concerned about RG, Just Murray winning 3/4 will be great? Australia and Wimbledon for this year pushing for the no.1 spot? It can be possible if he gets 2/4 and 1/4 for nole and nads.
Original post by ubi1
I know thats why I said Nadal will have a normal clay season not a shocking one like last year, nevertheless am not too concerned about RG, Just Murray winning 3/4 will be great? Australia and Wimbledon for this year pushing for the no.1 spot? It can be possible if he gets 2/4 and 1/4 for nole and nads.

You can't say that for sure that Nadal will have a normal clay season. Time will tell.

I would like Stan to win AO, Nole for RG, Fed for Wim and Delpo/Kei for US Open. That would be a perfect season for me.
Reply 2954
Original post by K1NG93
You can't say that for sure that Nadal will have a normal clay season. Time will tell.

I would like Stan to win AO, Nole for RG, Fed for Wim and Delpo/Kei for US Open. That would be a perfect season for me.

Wow! din't know your a big Stan supporter, him over Murrovic:redface:
Original post by ubi1
Wow! din't know your a big Stan supporter, him over Murrovic:redface:

I like one handed backhand.
Come on Andy.
Original post by ubi1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, good you're back on this thread at least, I was beginning to think there wouldn't be any Rafa fans :smile:
I have no doubt that Nadal will be back in reasonable form by Indian Wells. He can gain points there, but has to defend a Miami final. Clay season was not great last year, so could make up points at Monte Carlo/Rome but could also lose points at Madrid. Then of course there is the French Open - possibly a 10th title there?
Murray can temporarily jump above Rafa if he wins the AO. I think Rafa could end the season at no. 2, but he'll have to play out the full season. Almost no chance at No. 1 though
Reply 2958
Original post by Krish4791
Well, good you're back on this thread at least, I was beginning to think there wouldn't be any Rafa fans :smile:
I have no doubt that Nadal will be back in reasonable form by Indian Wells. He can gain points there, but has to defend a Miami final. Clay season was not great last year, so could make up points at Monte Carlo/Rome but could also lose points at Madrid. Then of course there is the French Open - possibly a 10th title there?
Murray can temporarily jump above Rafa if he wins the AO. I think Rafa could end the season at no. 2, but he'll have to play out the full season. Almost no chance at No. 1 though

no.1 is possible but he needs the slams more, 17>14 thats what matters, Nadal will soon have the greatest record with the most slams, however it doesn't stop there possibly the greatest tournament feat as well. Along with the best consistency the guy has won slam every year since 2005 could this be the 11 year in a row!:eek:, besides this I see many possibilities for Nads. Right now though my focus is on Murray and his stats, I love the way his been returning, Murray was the best returner even last year on Grass:eek: despite not winning queens and Wimbledon, the difference between nads and him was huge with both playing 5 matches. Murray for AO-Wimby :redface:
Original post by ubi1
no.1 is possible but he needs the slams more, 17>14 thats what matters, Nadal will soon have the greatest record with the most slams, however it doesn't stop there possibly the greatest tournament feat as well. Along with the best consistency the guy has won slam every year since 2005 could this be the 11 year in a row!:eek:, besides this I see many possibilities for Nads. Right now though my focus is on Murray and his stats, I love the way his been returning, Murray was the best returner even last year on Grass:eek: despite not winning queens and Wimbledon, the difference between nads and him was huge with both playing 5 matches. Murray for AO-Wimby :redface:

You never post when Nadal loses. I wonder why :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest