The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
i reaaally hope murray wins!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K1NG93
What a **** match. So many errors. Nowhere near the quality of their previous two AO encounters. And what the hell happened to Stan in the final set? He just imploded. What was the point of winning the 4th set if he was gonna imploded like that in the final set? If this match was so bad, I'm dreading how bad the final is gonna be. Djokovic-Murray is probably the worst match up in tennis. Most of their matches are just plain boring. I'll probably skip it.

:p:
Serena wins another slam. :yawn: I have to give credit where credit is due though. She is too good. Sharapova played brilliantly, possibly the best she could have played but Serena at her best is unbeatable. What a serving performance by Williams. Her serve is better than some of the men players such as Ferrer. Good final.
(edited 9 years ago)
Really good final. Shame it didn't go to a third set.
Serena Williams is just amazing. GS #19. But Maria really made her earn it today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amazing final, so much drama and both women played at a high level just a shame for Sharapova that her best isn't enough against Serena. Hopefully the men's final tomorrow will be even better!
amazing final, just pure excitement. Sharapova gave everything she had, but unfortunately you can't have two winners. She gave a great speech as she was forcing back the tears. Well done Serena, I may not be her biggest fan, but this woman is just talented on so many levels.
Really was an incredible final. Wanted Sharapova but Serena was too good. Her serve though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done to the GOAT that is Serena Williams. Even while sufferin from bronchitis she still managed to get it done. Props to Maria though, that 2nd set was probably the best of the tournament from the women's side. Good to watch
Somehow, I doubt the men's final is going to match this one quality-wise unless Murray is super aggressive.
I just can't imagine Murray losing in yet another AO final. He's got to win it.
Original post by Krish4791
Somehow, I doubt the men's final is going to match this one quality-wise unless Murray is super aggressive.

Hopefully it won't be as steep a drop in quality as the one between the women's and men's finals at RG last year...
Interesting stat about Murray in grand slam finals. All of his finals have come against Federer and Djokovic. 3 against Roger and 5 against Djokovic. He has won 2 major finals against Djokovic and none against Federer. What does that tell us?
Reply 2993
Original post by K1NG93
Interesting stat about Murray in grand slam finals. All of his finals have come against Federer and Djokovic. 3 against Roger and 5 against Djokovic. He has won 2 major finals against Djokovic and none against Federer. What does that tell us?

His been unfortunate to be in such a great era , by the way murray in 5 2maro !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by ubi1
His been unfortunate to be in such a great era , by the way murray in 5 2maro !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the answer I had in mind.

If Djokovic plays like he did against Stan then maybe but if he is at his best, then Novak in 4.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by K1NG93

However he has won against Federer in the Olympic final, the only one Federer would have desperately wanted (as he doesn't already have it).
Murray and Nadal have never met in a Slam final, maybe the best chance of seeing this would be at the US Open.
Reply 2997
Original post by K1NG93
Serena wins another slam. :yawn: I have to give credit where credit is due though. She is too good. Sharapova played brilliantly, possibly the best she could have played but Serena at her best is unbeatable. What a serving performance by Williams. Her serve is better than some of the men players such as Ferrer. Good final.

Its also better than Nadals I swear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
Its also better than Nadals I swear

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah maybe.
Original post by Krish4791
Murray and Nadal have never met in a Slam final, maybe the best chance of seeing this would be at the US Open.

I think it's possible at the french open. Of course Andy will need a relatively easy to draw to the final. But if he can somehow avoid Novak and roger before the final, I think he has a great chance of getting to the final. He's slightly weaker on clay, but still very good, isn't he? He does have the skilll set to achieve a lot on clay.

Quick Reply

Latest