The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Wawrinka will be the biggest winner if, as is now highly likely, Djokovic goes out. I knew Kvitova going out was a bad omen but it's not over yet
He doesn't looked remotely worried at the start of the third. He takes this set in the next 20 minutes or so with no resistance, and then a 5th set isn't that far away.
Just noticed this but Novak looks like that statue head from art attack
Original post by lizzy95
Wawrinka will be the biggest winner if, as is now highly likely, Djokovic goes out. I knew Kvitova going out was a bad omen but it's not over yet

I don't think Novak will lose, but if he does I think it might actually hurt Wawrinka's chances very slightly considering Anderson has dominated their last 4 meetings against him. Anderson is probably the only guy Wawrinka would not look forward to facing in the semis.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
hahahaaha **** off novak

Don't jinx it man
Djokovic takes the 3rd set 6-1. That's more like it!! :biggrin:
Looking like a 5th set now (and a Djokovic comeback win)
Original post by Krish4791
Looking like a 5th set now (and a Djokovic comeback win)

If and when it goes to a 5th, Djokovich will win it.
Match suspended until tomorrow, tied at 2 sets apiece.
Original post by Krish4791
I don't think Novak will lose, but if he does I think it might actually hurt Wawrinka's chances very slightly considering Anderson has dominated their last 4 meetings against him. Anderson is probably the only guy Wawrinka would not look forward to facing in the semis.

True but if Anderson wins this he'll be at a disadvantage against Cillic with a days less rest so likely to be upset. Now that it's a one set shoot out tomorrow though anything can happen, Anderson has the slight advantage serving first but I still think Djokovic is the favourite, just.
That Cilic winner was brilliant reaction tennis.
Djokovic 6-7 6-7 6-1 6-4 7-5 Anderson

That's what champions are made of!! :biggrin:
You just knew that when Djokovic went down 2 sets to love, he was going to win the match. He's a master of 5 set matches.
Great comeback from Djokovic, can never count him out! It'll be more of the same against Cillic so we'll see but it should be a good one
Djokovic will win the whole thing, obvs.
Original post by Mackay
Djokovic will win the whole thing, obvs.

Last time he was defending champion he lost in the semis to Federer, history may repeat itself but this time with Stan the Swiss man that does the job, he's been looking very solid so far. Of course that's all irrelevant if he loses to Cillic
Original post by lizzy95
Last time he was defending champion he lost in the semis to Federer, history may repeat itself but this time with Stan the Swiss man that does the job, he's been looking very solid so far. Of course that's all irrelevant if he loses to Cillic

It may, but I think Federer is the one that's most in danger out of the big three going into the QFs.
Original post by lizzy95

Yeah, defending champions seem to be almost cursed at Wimbledon
Another match where Azarenka should have beaten Serena but once again she lost. Serena keeps playing average tennis yet she has only lost one match this season.. She is really quite lucky that all her rivals are mental midgets. If Henin, Clijsters, Davenport, Hingis and peak Venus were playing today, she probably wouldn't have won a single tournament this year. She has played quite average for most of the season and all these players have beaten Serena when she was playing better than she has been this season.
(edited 8 years ago)
Looking forward to tomorrow! Murray should thrash that Canadian guy (forgotten his name) but the other matches are very interesting indeed :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest