The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Any good streams to watch the final?
Please PM me them.
LMAO just pay for Eurosport lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Despicable behaviour from Djokovic there, calling a medical time out just before Stan was about to serve at 3-1 in the fourth set. A shame for this final to be sullied by Nadal-like gamesmanship.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ashnard
Despicable behaviour from Djokovic there, calling a medical time out just before Stan was about to serve at 3-1 in the fourth set. A shame for this final to be sullied by Nadal-like gamesmanship.

Nothing new. Djokovic has been doing this since 2006. As he gets older and starts to decline and starts to lose more frequently, expect him to do these tactical medical time outs more often.
I called it spot on

Posted from TSR Mobile
On Eurosport the commentators actually fell for it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stan is the man :biggrin:

I found a mad HD crisp stream. No point of paying for Eurosport for a one match :tongue:
IZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile

Eurosport shows so much tennis these days the 5 pounds a month is definitely worth it
Yeah despicable behaviour from Djokovic taking a MTO when injured and apologising straight afterwards, what terrible gamesmanship! Just like that nonexistent MTO he took in the RG final last year or that time out he took once Querrey started manhandling him at Wimbledon -_-
In all seriousness congratulations to Stan he was clutch on all the big points where Djokovic wasn't as clutch as he was last year but you can't win them all and 2 slams after 3 slams last year is nothing to sneer at, onwards and upwards!
Original post by lizzy95
Yeah despicable behaviour from Djokovic taking a MTO when injured and apologising straight afterwards, what terrible gamesmanship! Just like that nonexistent MTO he took in the RG final last year or that time out he took once Querrey started manhandling him at Wimbledon -_-

He tried it on Murray as well in the US Open final in 2012 and he didn't even have an injury but was getting a massage on his thigh. Poor form

Anyway, I'm seeing talk of a Big 5 from sport mediums like BBC Sport etc. There is no Big 5 because the Big 4 era is essentially over. Yeah Stan now has the same GS as Murray but the term Big 4 was due to the fact there was a period when these four players were making all the GS and Masters semifinals and winning them. Even before Murray had won a GS he was regarded as part of it. Stan does his disappearing act for the whole year and then shows up at 1 GS so it's difficult to see where he would fit in. He'll always be a level below the other guys because of his inconsistency (even if both him and Andy finish with the same amount of GS).

Don't see why there's this desperation to have a "BIG" whatever. Novak, Delpo and Andy will probably the most consistent on the big stages for the next few years. If Fed manages to stay healthy I can see him going deep in big tournaments but I don't think he'll be winning many at this stage
So, does this thread only get used when grand slams are going on? Anyway, I am posting first time over here.Hi, and I obviously love tennis 🎾.PS: I am a Nadal Fan but appreciate all tennis players.
Murray will spank nasal mate
Original post by monk1324

That is what it is, if someone like him is at the top, but closely followed by a stubborn opponent by the name of Murray.
Original post by Kallisto
That is what it is, if someone like him is at the top, but closely followed by a stubborn opponent by the name of Murray.

Que Djokovic getting all angry and bagelling everybody in Paris. :tongue:
Original post by Rakas21
Que Djokovic getting all angry and bagelling everybody in Paris. :tongue:

No, que Victor Triocki exploding in the semi's of Wimbledon in 2015.
Murray so close to becoming number 1 and nothing going on here lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Murray so close to becoming number 1 and nothing going on here lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Not a massive fan. Most of his fanboys don't know the season exists outside Wimbledon.
Would be awesome if Murray could get no.1 :biggrin: Probably best chance now to take top spot, he better not screw this one up :p:
I didn't expect Djokovic to lose tbh. Wonder how much pressure Murray will feel.

Quick Reply

Latest