The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Another upset could be brewing in the women's draw. Really hope we get new champions on the men's and women's sides this year :smile:
Original post by hskjlclcn
Tsonga was abysmal. There is something about Raonic that I really don't like and I can't put my finger on it.

Raonic looks like Harry Styles.
Reply 762
Original post by lizzy95
Another upset could be brewing in the women's draw. Really hope we get new champions on the men's and women's sides this year :smile:

I'd love to see Bouchard win it on the women's side, but chances are she'll meet Sharapova in the semis if she wins tomorrow so I'm not sure it's very likely.
Reply 763
Here's something interesting: as long as Wimbledon adheres to its seeding formula, the so-called Big 4 will effectively be re-instated as the Top 4 Men's seeds for the Grand Slam tournament.
Murray's points from last year are really helping him out there, so this could mark a return to normality if he becomes the No. 3 seed.
Reply 764
Original post by Krish4791
Here's something interesting: as long as Wimbledon adheres to its seeding formula, the so-called Big 4 will effectively be re-instated as the Top 4 Men's seeds for the Grand Slam tournament.
Murray's points from last year are really helping him out there, so this could mark a return to normality if he becomes the No. 3 seed.

Your right this part of the season is important for Murray he makes 3000 points by being the semis of French, winning Queens and Wimby.
Reply 765
Original post by ubi1
Your right this part of the season is important for Murray he makes 3000 points by being the semis of French, winning Queens and Wimby.

Hey, how much of RG have you been able to watch?
Original post by Kado
I'd love to see Bouchard win it on the women's side, but chances are she'll meet Sharapova in the semis if she wins tomorrow so I'm not sure it's very likely.

Yeah it would be nice for someone like Bouchard or Halep to win but of course Sharapova is the favourite now
Reply 767
Ferrer vs Nadal will be an interesting match. Hope Ferrer causes an upset.

On the women's side, Maria will hopefully win.
Reply 768
Original post by Krish4791
Hey, how much of RG have you been able to watch?

Just a little bit:frown:. Have an exam next week:frown:.

But will watch final 100%:smile:
Reply 769
Original post by Roger1
Ferrer vs Nadal will be an interesting match. Hope Ferrer causes an upset.

On the women's side, Maria will hopefully win.

Nadal is playing quite well he beats Ferrer in 3 sets. Only thing worrying for Nadal is his serve and length:frown:
Murray's chances against Monfils?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 771
Original post by Skkc16

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not over yet :wink:
Original post by asr11
It's not over yet :wink:

*Assuming both go through of course :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 773
Original post by Skkc16
*Assuming both go through of course :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would expect Murray to win in 3 or 4 sets, it would be a great match.
Come on Scotlands Andy Murray!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 775
Ffs can Murray break him already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 776
Original post by Skkc16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Murray's the more reliable/consistent of the two, so I would expect a 3/4 set victory for him there. However, Monfils at the moment is tearing Garcia-Lopez apart. If he plays like this, he might well have a chance to win in 3 or 4. In summary, my view is that it would depend on which Monfils turns up
Reply 777
Original post by ubi1
Nadal is playing quite well he beats Ferrer in 3 sets. Only thing worrying for Nadal is his serve and length:frown:

I'll be happy if Ferrer or Nole wins FO. We need a new champion this year.
Reply 778
Verdasco can't serve FFS.
Reply 779
Verdasco's already choking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest