The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

I knew Ferrer would push Nadal and take at least one set. Still Rafa to win in 4
Nadal's draw has been easier than Djokovic until now.
Really enjoying this Nadal v Ferrer match
Original post by Roger1
Because Nadal vs Ferrer match is more unpredictable and match between two top players who also happen to be the best on clay as well.

Given how last year's final went I would've said the match wouldn't be that entertaining. Obviously things haven't turned out that way but you can't expect ITV not to show Murray in a GS quarterfinal.
Speaking of which why can't itv just progress like other channels and offer options on the red button? It's 2014 and we are still forced to watch one match of their choice. Can't wait for Wimbledon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krish4791
Murray having no problems whatsoever thus far.

5-1 up in the second set at deuce on Murray's serve, he concedes a point to Monfils he didn't need to. Unbelievable! Don't know whether that's sportsmanship or foolishness aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doppelgänger
5-1 up in the second set at deuce on Murray's serve, he concedes a point to Monfils he didn't need to. Unbelievable! Don't know whether that's sportsmanship or foolishness aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's gamesmanship from Monfils for sure but the umpire should've been stronger in that situation, Murray shouldn't have to concede points in every match just because the umpires can't stand their ground

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
It's gamesmanship from Monfils for sure but the umpire should've been stronger in that situation, Murray shouldn't have to concede points in every match just because the umpires can't stand their ground

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed! Weak officiating it is. I highly doubt Murray would be as accommodating if his opponent was a Djokovic or Nadal for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Roger1
ITV decides to show Murray-Monfils instead of Ferrer-Nadal. What a joke.

I actually agree. Nadal is the champion of clay and it's frankly a more competitive match.

At least it's not as bad as former BBC F1 coverage and their Mclaren obsession.

Wow, Ferrer a set up.

Can't believe Murray actually has a chance at a FO final if Nadal loses. No disrespect to him but he's not clay court champion material (though fair enough in winning his 5 set game and standing under pressure).
Original post by Skkc16
Given how last year's final went I would've said the match wouldn't be that entertaining. Obviously things haven't turned out that way but you can't expect ITV not to show Murray in a GS quarterfinal.
Speaking of which why can't itv just progress like other channels and offer options on the red button? It's 2014 and we are still forced to watch one match of their choice. Can't wait for Wimbledon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye. Hopefully when the politicians sort out the new BBC funding model (lots of talk) the BBC may be able to access more cash for sports. I much prefer their coverage, not least with Boris.
Original post by Doppelgänger
I highly doubt Murray would be as accommodating if his opponent was a Djokovic or Nadal for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol definitely not. Or if he was in a losing position

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 849
Ferrer is playing like a mug now. Can't stop leaking errors. Unfortunately for Nadal, Novak won't be so generous in the final.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 850
Ferrer is the most weakest player mentally. Such a shame I like him. :frown:
Shame Ferrer couldn't keep his level up more consistently, reason why he'll never win a GS
I really like Ferrer too. He tries so hard. But I agree with everyone else. Mentally weak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 853
Ferrer played very well in the two sets, and he has demonstrated the step-up that Nadal has needed to make from now until the finals. As everyone has said, the problem is Ferrer doesn't believe he can beat Rafa over 5 sets. He's probably content with winning 1 at RG.
Novak, however, could be a very different prospect - he won't make this many errors and he won't stop believing.

Meanwhile, Murray has given himself more work to do by losing the 3rd set. He HAS to win the 4th otherwise they'll have to return tomorrow, which would put him at a severe disadvantage against Nadal.
Reply 854
Murray down a break in the 4th. Maybe, I was wrong about Ferrer-Nadal being more competitive.
Reply 855
French crowd are really disgusting. Cheering for Murray's errors and missed serves.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 856
Cannot believe they're playing on?! It's darkness - why play a 5th set if you know it won't finish?
Only just switched over to the murray match. The cheering is terrible!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow Murray. Incredible character

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 859
The French crowd is laughable. No noise when Murray wins a point.

Quick Reply

Latest