Gemma-Kirstie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
im needing a new strategy to revise apart from writing out lecture slides and re reading time ad time again. how do u make revision cards? was thinking 2 or 3 per lecture? and make as I go along?
Rob da Mop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How you make them depends on how you think you'll learn best from them. I found revision cards useful for learning facts like in anatomy or pharmacology, but I'm not sure I'd find them as useful for more conceptual stuff. I suppose if you make a card about each new concept you learn, with a diagram or two and a bit of text explaining it that might work. Just start making them and see what works for you.
Dynamo123
  • Study Helper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rob da Mop)
How you make them depends on how you think you'll learn best from them. I found revision cards useful for learning facts like in anatomy or pharmacology, but I'm not sure I'd find them as useful for more conceptual stuff. I suppose if you make a card about each new concept you learn, with a diagram or two and a bit of text explaining it that might work. Just start making them and see what works for you.
I think revision cards are good, especially when they summarize everything written in 13 pages of boring text. They are handy when it comes to getting a knack of the subject. Apart from that, I don't think they can be/should be used as a textbook replacement.

(Original post by Gemma-Kirstie)
im needing a new strategy to revise apart from writing out lecture slides and re reading time ad time again. how do u make revision cards? was thinking 2 or 3 per lecture? and make as I go along?
How to make revision cards? It is simple, either draw a box with your topic name in the center of the page, and make spokes concerned with relevant info; or, simply write the name of one side, flip the card, and write a little it about the topic on the other side, so you can quiz yourself too.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemma-Kirstie)
(...) how do u make revision cards? was thinking 2 or 3 per lecture? and make as I go along?
What do you intend with revision cards? to keep the meaning of technical terms in mind? if that is the case, I would recommend you to write the question with the technical term down on the one side of the revision card and the explanation of the meaning on the other one. I advice you to give an explanation of the meaning in your own words. Otherwise I recommend you to write examples down for better understanding. Consider that the explanation of the meaning should be both short and relevant! if you need 2 or 3 per lecture, then write them. If you need more, then write more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads