Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've wanted to do medicine for years and had my heart set on it until I made some mistakes in regards to my education. I know that if I started to study relevant a levels I would defiantly be able to do it. But I'm still unsure whether or not to go back to do my a levels as I'm currently doing another course. I think it would make my decision that bit easier if I could decide whether to continue with my chosen career path or to start over. So can anyone tell me the pros and cons of both medicine as a degree and as a career to help me make that decision. Thanks a lot guys

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna really do med, go for it! If you have passion, you wont care about the cons. If you don't, you will care about the cons and you shouldn't do med.

Pros:
    - somewhat fair salary
    - satisfaction
    - public interaction
    - learning about the human body
    - constant learning

Cons
    - constant learning
    - long hours and not enough salary
    - may not be able to have a good family life
    - on-call/sleep deprivation
    - stress

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.