Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

is the size of models in the media a controversial and current topic? watch

ReputationRep:
    I cant decide between that and the mental health of students for my nat 5 discursive essay.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do size of models. This topic is done to death.

The mental health angle is more interesting. You need to narrow it down to a specific question with a focus. Remember the essay has to contain argument and not just info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapintoLearning)
    Don't do size of models. This topic is done to death.

The mental health angle is more interesting. You need to narrow it down to a specific question with a focus. Remember the essay has to contain argument and not just info.
    Thank you! I have attempted to do plans for and my one for mental health is definitely better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheonixfeather)
    Thank you! I have attempted to do plans for and my one for mental health is definitely better!
    No bother. If you need any more advice give me a shout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheonixfeather)
    I cant decide between that and the mental health of students for my nat 5 discursive essay.
    My advice is not to actually pick a serious topic. Pick something quirky that interests you. There are loads of things you could argue - "Which is better: the city, or the countryside?" "Do you need to go to university to be successful in the 21st century?" "Should Gaelic be taught in Scottish schools?" Or pick something current, like "Are the SNP right to give every child a legal guardian whom they are not related to?"

They're just a few I thought of on the spot. Have a brainstorm and please don't pick anything that you've ever heard anyone do before! Markers will be marking hundreds of these, so pick a topic that you know very very few people will have discussed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.