Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an important mock exam in less than 6 weeks. My head teacher said whoever fails the exam, won't be entered for the exam.

The exam is going to be about unit 2.
    And we just recently unit 2.

How should I revise, if I want a pass for this exam?

Atm I'm just making notes and going over past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Revise.. make notes, go through the specification and once you have a good understand attempt the past papers. Learn exam technique.. You will be fine.. All the best

ReputationRep:
    Past papers are a good idea but just try and familiarise yourself with the content. Writing out notes might be what works for you or making revision cards. For me it's just reading the contents over and over again with an understanding of course.

Please tell me if you want any other advice or help with anything biology related. I study the subject too and we could really help each other.

ReputationRep:
    You will be entered in the exam, don't worry, they can't not enter you, past papers is your best bet, but try not to do all of them as it's best to save some for the real thing! Try making flash cards, personally they don't really work for me but they work really well for some other people! Just re-read re-read and re-read until it's firmly in your head! there's no real answer for you to tell you how to revise , it's what feels best for you, try different types of revision and see which one makes you remember the most!

ReputationRep:
    Make your notes but don't just re read them as you can't really absorb them again as well. I find it better to do something with them and in my case I put the main points into a mind map a week or so before the exam so I know how everything connects together.

Past exam papers are good too as they let you get used to the format and grading of the exam. Chances are you might see repeated past exam questions on your mock

ReputationRep:
    make sure you actually understand it! The test will need you to apply your knowledge into the questions

ReputationRep:
    Get a study buddy maybe?
    Sometimes going through pure exam papers and reading notes can be dull...
    But I do that anyway lol

Well everyone have different preference though, so your choice.

I enjoy studying with somebody because I enjoy explaining stuff to them which also ensure that I know what am I talking about and they understand what I am talking about lol.

You can also watch youtube video if youre a visual learner. Make sure they are teaching the requirement of your exam boards though.

You can make powerpoints or record yourself and listen it on the bus or before you go bed. Just replace your music with recordings.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The best way of revise is to create revision cards and/or mind maps. Revision cards are a good method to explain the meanings of a technical term in biology while mind maps are good methods to show procedures and the coherences of them. Revision cards can be used to cement your understanding of technical terms while mind maps give you an overview.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.