Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello. I am calling my GP first thing tomorrow morning but I'd love some input before then if possible.

I've been coughing a lot for 6 weeks now and went to the doctors last week. I had chest pains also. He said it's going around and gave me antibiotics, and I just took my last dose and the cough has subsided and the pain is almost gone.

However now my Kidney is hurting. It's on my right side, towards the bottom, at the back. Pretty sure it's my Kidney. Also been having lower back pain. I'm 20st+ and I have back pain when I'm on my feet all day, but this is morning til night. Not unbearable but still hurts.

Also, I drink around 1-2L of water/day, however I've been urinating every 20 mins. Sometimes I go, then 30 seconds later I need to go again to let out the rest.

All my Dad's siblings have diabetes and 1 of my cousins on my Dad's side. Neither of my parents have diabetes.

Just wondering what this could be? Kidney stone? Kidney infection?

Again, speaking with GP tomorrow but just wondering.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2014
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.