Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you hug your best friend?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How many of you hug your best friend and how often?

My best friend only hugged me a couple of times when he and I were both drunk, and it kind of makes me feel our relationship is not as close as other peoples??

ReputationRep:
    I hug my (close) friends all the time
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    My friends hug me, I don't really do hugs myself though
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't have friends

ReputationRep:
    I do, not all the time, generally if we've not seen each other for a while, or one of us is going away somewhere or is sad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hug my besties all the time

ReputationRep:
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    I get hugged by friends, but as me and my best friend both don't do hugs we never hug each other goodbye. I know what you mean though, I always feel like it makes me and my best friend not as close as I always see other friends hugging and taking pictures of each other (we don't do pictures either), but I just think as long as we're comfortable and know that we're close it doesn't really matter!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, she's quite a huggy person

ReputationRep:
    I used to hug them.

ReputationRep:
    I find hugging to be pretty awkward unless it's with a girl to be honest, not really sure why. My friends impose hugs on me when we know we're not going to see each other for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I do, but I only see him once every few months. Just a quick hug when we say hello / goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    Hugging Male friends is a rare occurrence for me. Female friends is different though. I never offer to hug though, I've never really liked receiving one or offering someone else a hug

ReputationRep:
    NO its not tough to hug your best friend especially when you are both rugby players

ReputationRep:
    I hug my beautiful and special close friends whenever I can... I only allow them to touch me... Well them and one other close friend who I don't love as much as them but I love her nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've hugged my best guy friend in years . My best girl friend, she gets annoying with her hugs but she's like a little sister so I don't complain.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have a best friend, but I do hug my friends. Depends on the friend though, some will only hug if we haven't seen each other for a while, others it's when we say hello and the closest get hello/goodbye hugs.

ReputationRep:
    I do

ReputationRep:
    Not regularly but one time I got a bit emotional and cuddled one of my male friends. Another time I got lost abroad and when I turned up at the hotel my mate started crying and hugged me saying he thought I was dead ffs :confused:.

ReputationRep:
    Only after a few pints, and even then it is more for the support to steady myself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2014
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.