The Student Room Group

Economics and French at university

I'm currently in year 12, and I'm considering doing Economics and French at university. I'd really like to go to Durham, but would it be sensible to apply without having further maths A level? (They require an A grade in maths, I hope to take maths, French and chemistry A2)
Reply 1
Original post by acpx
I'm currently in year 12, and I'm considering doing Economics and French at university. I'd really like to go to Durham, but would it be sensible to apply without having further maths A level? (They require an A grade in maths, I hope to take maths, French and chemistry A2)

Further Maths is not required for Economics for a majority of unis. It is 'like' a necessity for unis like Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL, although you can still get in without it if you are still a top candidate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by acpx

I would say take FM and drop Chem
Reply 3
Do you mean like take FM and drop chemistry now? Or would taking some extra modules next year be any use?
Why can't you do maths, further Maths, Chemistry and French?
Reply 5
Thanks, but are there actually people that get in without FM?
Original post by acpx
Thanks, but are there actually people that get in without FM?

Yes plenty do get in without FM.
Reply 7
I'm already half way through my A levels, there's no chance I'll be allowed to pick it up now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending