Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So my AS year could have gone a lot better when I ended with 4 Cs, which I know isn't the worst but at GCSEs I got 7A*s and 3As so it was a disappointment and a half :/
    Anyway this year im doing as many resits as I can to bring my grade up to at least 3 Bs and hopefully higher and I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about cancelling resits? I figured that I would sign myself up for all of them just to be sure and then cancel the ones that I didn't get a chance to cover fully when I got my statement of entry but does anyone have any more information on doing this?
    I'm pretty sure you can do it because my brother did the same two years ago but i wanted to just double check because I'm the kind of person that gets nervous and stressed out about these things :L

ReputationRep:
    You can certainly withdraw from a resist by informing your exams officer any time before the exam.
    Are you paying or is the school? If it's you, you probably won't get a refund. If it's the school, they are going to be unhappy with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    You can certainly withdraw from a resist by informing your exams officer any time before the exam.
    Are you paying or is the school? If it's you, you probably won't get a refund. If it's the school, they are going to be unhappy with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stopped using TSR for a few months and never got the notification for your reply :/ Really sorry for replying so late but is there a deadline on when you can withdraw? And I'm paying for the resits myself
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainabyay)
    Stopped using TSR for a few months and never got the notification for your reply :/ Really sorry for replying so late but is there a deadline on when you can withdraw? And I'm paying for the resits myself
    Cheers
    there's is no deadline for when you can withdraw, the deadline just determines whether you get your money back. this late, you are well past the date for normal entries and your exam fees are lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    there's is no deadline for when you can withdraw, the deadline just determines whether you get your money back. this late, you are well past the date for normal entries and your exam fees are lost.
    Ah right, is there a fee for not going to the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, is there a fee for not going to the exam?
    If your school has paid for the resit, they might ask you to cover the cost of not going to the exam, because obviously you will have wasted their money. This would be internal fee and has nothing to do with the exam board themselves; it would be up to your school how they want to deal with it, there is no official fine from the board for not turning up.

If you paid yourself, you'll get a result of X for that exam, and your original mark will stand stand. You won't get your money back though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lasershark)
    If your school has paid for the resit, they might ask you to cover the cost of not going to the exam, because obviously you will have wasted their money. This would be internal fee and has nothing to do with the exam board themselves; it would be up to your school how they want to deal with it, there is no official fine from the board for not turning up.

If you paid yourself, you'll get a result of X for that exam, and your original mark will stand stand. You won't get your money back though.
    So since I paid for the resit myself, if I don't turn up for the resit (because I don't think I would do any better in that exam) I wouldn't have to pay for not going? I understand that I wouldn't get the initial money that I paid for the exam back.

ReputationRep:
    So since I paid for the resit myself, if I don't turn up for the resit (because I don't think I would do any better in that exam) I wouldn't have to pay for not going? I understand that I wouldn't get the initial money that I paid for the exam back.
    No, you wouldn't have to pay for not going. If I were you though, since you've already spent the money, I'd go to the exam anyway. If you don't want to revise for it, you might still get a better mark anyway depending on the questions, and it will only be a couple of hours lost. Who knows, you might get an extra couple of marks which could make all the difference in terms of your overall grade. You've got nothing to lose by going really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lasershark)
    No, you wouldn't have to pay for not going. If I were you though, since you've already spent the money, I'd go to the exam anyway. If you don't want to revise for it, you might still get a better mark anyway depending on the questions, and it will only be a couple of hours lost. Who knows, you might get an extra couple of marks which could make all the difference in terms of your overall grade. You've got nothing to lose by going really.
    Good idea, I probably will go to all of my resits. Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too. Good luck anyway

pls answer my question http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2644841

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.