Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nba and underground hip hop watch

ReputationRep:
    So.....
    I'm pretty sure I am the only girl that loves the NBA and listens to the rawest hip hop and rap. atm my favourite artists are ab-soul, j.cole, hopsin, dizzy wright, pro era crew, flatbush zombies, kendrick, MGK, schoolboy q and others. Am i the only girl to be listening to this sort of music?????? But still am a girly girl
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Moved to the music section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyknicksmonet)
    So.....
    I'm pretty sure I am the only girl that loves the NBA and listens to the rawest hip hop and rap. atm my favourite artists are ab-soul, j.cole, hopsin, dizzy wright, pro era crew, flatbush zombies, kendrick, MGK, schoolboy q and others. Am i the only girl to be listening to this sort of music?????? But still am a girly girl
    J. Cole, Kendrick and MGK are hardly underground. To answer your question no you aren't, but this is probably less common in the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like the same style and I have yet to meet a girl who does, especially the likes of Dizzy Wright. Most those aren't really underground though.

I'm intrigued though.
    Do you like Logic? Omar linx? Hopsin? ASAP? Or any Trap music?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    I like the same style and I have yet to meet a girl who does, especially the likes of Dizzy Wright. Most those aren't really underground though.

I'm intrigued though.
    Dizzy Wright >>>

I would say him and Hopsin are still kinda underground though.

However Kendrick and J Cole aren definitely not

To the OP, I don't know any females into this kinda music in real life no. But I'm sure there are plenty out there who do.

ReputationRep:

I'm intrigued though.
    i mentioned hopsin, and logic im currently do my research on, i've been suggested to listen to him and yeah a$ap mob i listen to such as nast, and rocky. I was on the trap wave like fredo santana, chief keef, lil durk but not so much. I would classify flatbush zombies, pro era, dizzy and hopsin undergroud

ReputationRep:
    yeah i understand i did mention some mainstream artists, but i still have love for cole and kendrick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Dizzy Wright >>>

I would say him and Hopsin are still kinda underground though.

However Kendrick and J Cole aren definitely not

To the OP, I don't know any females into this kinda music in real life no. But I'm sure there are plenty out there who do.
    Yeah I agree..

Loads of girls go to the events but they seem so hard to find.

ReputationRep:
    the annoying thing is when there is a low key artist coming to the uk for concerts, i never have anyone to go with cos none of my girl-friends listen to it

ReputationRep:
    So.....

Finally someone one who like the NBA!!! Who's your team?

ReputationRep:
    i mentioned hopsin, and logic im currently do my research on, i've been suggested to listen to him and yeah a$ap mob i listen to such as nast, and rocky. I was on the trap wave like fredo santana, chief keef, lil durk but not so much. I would classify flatbush zombies, pro era, dizzy and hopsin undergroud
    Oh yeah, I didn't mean all of them.

Dizzy is chill, love his tracks. Good stuff to listen to when you're high. Stuff like Playa Play On. Even his XXL Cypher was great.

Cole does some good deep stuff, I listen to a few of his tracks. Some of it sounds bland and a bit commercial to me though. The popular/commercial stuff like Work out just doesn't appeal to me.

Logic is probs my fav in the underground scene and in my top 3 fav of all tbh. Got all of his tracks and his lyrics are just way too good. His Cypher was amazing too.
    Flatbush are decent, listen to them a bit. Same goes for Hopsin, his lyrics are pretty raw so when I'm in the mood. He's kind of got the Eminem thing going on.

A$AP Ferg just annoys me. Can't help but listen to Shabba but it's such a bad song lol.
    Same goes for Keef, his recent stuff is pretty wack. Can't even understand what he's saying.

Been listening to Rich Homie Quan recently lol. Only one song though,.. "That custom Breitling make you feel some type of wayyyy". :rofl:

I used to watch NBA but I kind of went off it. I supported Celtics but I was kind of fond of Magics too. I never found anyone else who liked it so had nobody to talk to about it, which got pretty boring so I just stopped.

Not going to lie, finding girls like you are pretty rare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woztar)
    Finally someone one who like the NBA!!! Who's your team?
    new york knicks, even though theyre doing bad atm:mad:

ReputationRep:
    new york knicks, even though theyre doing bad atm:mad:

Gotta love melo though. Most likely Knicks will not make it to the playoffs.

I love the Bulls but know the heat will 3 pt.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I didn't mean all of them.

Dizzy is chill, love his tracks. Good stuff to listen to when you're high. Stuff like Playa Play On. Even his XXL Cypher was great.

Cole does some good deep stuff, I listen to a few of his tracks. Some of it sounds bland and a bit commercial to me though. The popular/commercial stuff like Work out just doesn't appeal to me.

Logic is probs my fav in the underground scene and in my top 3 fav of all tbh. Got all of his tracks and his lyrics are just way too good. His Cypher was amazing too.
    Flatbush are decent, listen to them a bit. Same goes for Hopsin, his lyrics are pretty raw so when I'm in the mood. He's kind of got the Eminem thing going on.

A$AP Ferg just annoys me. Can't help but listen to Shabba but it's such a bad song lol.
    Same goes for Keef, his recent stuff is pretty wack. Can't even understand what he's saying.

Been listening to Rich Homie Quan recently lol. Only one song though,.. "That custom Breitling make you feel some type of wayyyy". :rofl:

I used to watch NBA but I kind of went off it. I supported Celtics but I was kind of fond of Magics too. I never found anyone else who liked it so had nobody to talk to about it, which got pretty boring so I just stopped.

Not going to lie, finding girls like you are pretty rare.

OMG yes dizzy's xxl cypher is amazing! and yeah but even cole knows work out was whack, he even admitted it lol. i liked chief keef when he first came out but now he's cuckooo lol. and omg thats so rich homie quan is my guilty pleasure i can listen to i will never stop going in mixtape when i'm doing coursework or something and ah cool celtic arent doing too good now, now that pierce and garnett have gone and i know what u mean, cos i have no one to talk about it to too, but i still like it, when i start uni i'm looking to start playing it

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love melo though. Most likely Knicks will not make it to the playoffs.

I love the Bulls but know the heat will 3 pt.
    yeah melo is my guy and ah bulls gutted you got no luol deng anymore and of course no derrick, i met derrick rose in the summer in hackney, i didnt actually chat to him but i was literally 1 metre away from him, one of my proudest moments

ReputationRep:
    yeah melo is my guy and ah bulls gutted you got no luol deng anymore and of course no derrick, i met derrick rose in the summer in hackney, i didnt actually chat to him but i was literally 1 metre away from him, one of my proudest moments
    TBH , deng was a good player but was not my favourite. That's d rose. Really miss him driving to the rim.

U SAW D ROSE!!!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    TBH , deng was a good player but was not my favourite. That's d rose. Really miss him driving to the rim.

U SAW D ROSE!!!:eek:
    drose elevation to the rim and agility was amazing definitely one of the best point guards but not sure he can keep that spot after injury, especially with up-coming pg damian and others

ReputationRep:
    drose elevation to the rim and agility was amazing definitely one of the best point guards but not sure he can keep that spot after injury, especially with up-coming pg damian and others

I want to think he will be able to . But realistically he won't.

However, the Pacers are not going down this year with out a fight. They are steaming hot ever since the season began. Looks like someone forgot to take them out of the microwave.

What's your prediction for the finals? Heat vs Rockets?

ReputationRep:
    I want to think he will be able to . But realistically he won't.

However, the Pacers are not going down this year with out a fight. They are steaming hot ever since the season began. Looks like someone forgot to take them out of the microwave.

What's your prediction for the finals? Heat vs Rockets?
    lol yes pacers are doing too good, but no way i do not see rockets in the finals i see okc vs heat hopefully westbrook can come back doing well for okc, durant's on fire atm

ReputationRep:
    lol yes pacers are doing too good, but no way i do not see rockets in the finals i see okc vs heat hopefully westbrook can come back doing well for okc, durant's on fire atm
    I agree Durant's crushing anyone you put in front of him.

However, west brook needs time to get everything up and going and we are already near all star weekend.

Secondly, Durant's stepped up but where is every body else. They need other players to step up. Durant on his own can't make it to the finals.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.