Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is it about Jennifer Lawrence which is causing nearly all my friends (girls and guys) to develop a crush on her to some degree. She comes across as hilarious in interviews and she's just herself. How does someone go about being that sincere and honest about everything, instead of being robots too invested in etiquette and political correctness.

Or do you think she's over-rated?

ReputationRep:
    she's pretty

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because she isn't a PR monkey.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    She's beautiful and seems so genuine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkliest)
    What is it about Jennifer Lawrence which is causing nearly all my friends (girls and guys) to develop a crush on her to some degree. She comes across as hilarious in interviews and she's just herself. How does someone go about being that sincere and honest about everything, instead of being robots too invested in etiquette and political correctness.

Or do you think she's over-rated?
    It's a facade, a selling technique to make her more likeable to the general public devised by her PR team. It's no surprise she's got the girl next door routine down it's nothing more than a ploy to convey her image as a relatable actress in an otherwise exclusive industry.

You fell for it, you've been had. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    She's lovely. Have you seen silver linings playbook? She's also hot.

ReputationRep:
    I think she has a great, quirky personality which makes her stand out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    She's beautiful and seems so genuine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Speaking from experience?

ReputationRep:
    From the interviews I've seen of her she just seems genuinely chilled and funny.
    As does Chloe Moretz...it's not illegal if she's hot right?:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    She's hot and seems pretty cool.

(Original post by MJ1012)
    From the interviews I've seen of her she just seems genuinely chilled and funny.
    As does Chloe Moretz...it's not illegal if she's hot right?:ninja:
    Good news for you, perv - she'd be legal in this country. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    overrated. nice boobs. too tall. short hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    She's hot and seems pretty cool.

Good news for you, perv - she'd be legal in this country. :pierre:
    Not when she was in kick ass 1. (I kid, I kid)

Meh, I'm a young looking, just turned 19. Don't feel too bad about it. Although it is weird getting to the age where a hot girl is too young for me to socially be allowed to find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen Jennifer Lawrence? Not only is she stunning (especially in The Hunger Games), she has an amazing personality and some intelligence. She is the perfect "all rounder", everything about her makes her stunning. I'm not necessarily a fan of the new short hair look, but shes still gorgeous either way.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CJG21)
    Speaking from experience?
    If you're referring to the "genuine" bit, that's why I said "seems".

If not, I'm confused

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen her in any interviews but I don't think she's anything special. Nothing particularly different about her. She's not unattractive... She's just there lol. I've also been struggling to understand the recent hype around her name.

ReputationRep:
    She's pretty and I think she's funny. More importantly she's pretty damn talented. Plus I like seeing people who can be themselves. Whether it's fake or not, she certainly comes across as likeable. Although is don't think any one actress should get put on a pedestal above the others.

ReputationRep:
    Just watch any of her interviews :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.