The Student Room Group

Is cheating ever acceptable?

Scroll to see replies

I posted the same thing on the 'have you ever cheated' thread:

I kissed someone once in my previous two-year long relationship. My ex never treated me with respect, objectified women and made me have sex with him so many times when I told him I didn't want to. He was massively arrogant and proud and I was scared of him angry so I never ended it despite not being in love with him for the last year of the relationship. I cried and felt so ashamed after the kiss with someone that didn't mean anything to me and begged him back and he accepted me back. But I think that knowing I actually kissed someone else when I always thought cheating was horrible finally made me see what an awful relationship it was and I finally got the courage to leave him a month later. He kept messaging me how I ruined his first few months at uni (I broke up with him a month before we were both starting separate unis) so I cut off all contact.

What I did was completely wrong and I don't condone it, and I regret that I did it because of the principle of cheating, but it was the final kick up the bum for me to get out of the relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending