Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to share with you all my after thoughts from atypical night out at the student union. You see, Im a twenty eight year old,who has never had any intimacy whatsoever; no relationships or sex. When I amfaced with the challenge of seducing someone, I am nervous and somewhatfearful. When I see women lose themselves in the moment and grind upon othermen it makes me uncomfortable. When all inhibitions are released and peoplebecome flirty, I only touch people in the most plutonic way. I fear rejectionand do not want to offend anyone; even when I am invited by the body encouragementof a woman. The same goes for men also, I am not attracted to men in any wayand the idea of asserting myself on a women sexually makes me feeluncomfortable. I consider myself the man who can be trusted, a man who is romanticallyinterested in women, the family man, the protector who’s will is iron-clad and with my ideal partner I would go to the end of the world for;often finding myself as the person who is confided in.

My female friends ask me constantly why I don’t behave liketypical men and in their naivety suggest I am gay, but to be gay requires oneto be attracted to guys. I am not. In-fact the only type of love I know is theunconditional love with which I express to people; which is received in variousways and alienates in ways I could not imagine. People, it seems, do not knowunconditional love; they simply know lust or romantic love, which in and ofitself is arguably perverted. I have only lived and known life on my own. Imfocused, determined and am career driven. I like to plan, co-ordinate and haveno trouble interacting with people professionally, however the paradigm of sexualand romantic relationships is almost alien to me, as much as I would like aromantic relationship.

I would appreciate opinions on these thoughts.

Regards,

EarthIntel

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with your thoughts at all; you don't need to change who you are in order to find someone who you are compatible with.

ReputationRep:
    You sound really weird from what you posted. Not the part about not wanting to assert yourself sexually on a woman. Just in general...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.