The Student Room Group

A Predicament Requiring Reflection

I would like to share with you all my after thoughts from atypical night out at the student union. You see, Im a twenty eight year old,who has never had any intimacy whatsoever; no relationships or sex. When I amfaced with the challenge of seducing someone, I am nervous and somewhatfearful. When I see women lose themselves in the moment and grind upon othermen it makes me uncomfortable. When all inhibitions are released and peoplebecome flirty, I only touch people in the most plutonic way. I fear rejectionand do not want to offend anyone; even when I am invited by the body encouragementof a woman. The same goes for men also, I am not attracted to men in any wayand the idea of asserting myself on a women sexually makes me feeluncomfortable. I consider myself the man who can be trusted, a man who is romanticallyinterested in women, the family man, the protector who’s will is iron-clad and with my ideal partner I would go to the end of the world for;often finding myself as the person who is confided in.

My female friends ask me constantly why I don’t behave liketypical men and in their naivety suggest I am gay, but to be gay requires oneto be attracted to guys. I am not. In-fact the only type of love I know is theunconditional love with which I express to people; which is received in variousways and alienates in ways I could not imagine. People, it seems, do not knowunconditional love; they simply know lust or romantic love, which in and ofitself is arguably perverted. I have only lived and known life on my own. Imfocused, determined and am career driven. I like to plan, co-ordinate and haveno trouble interacting with people professionally, however the paradigm of sexualand romantic relationships is almost alien to me, as much as I would like aromantic relationship.

I would appreciate opinions on these thoughts.

Regards,

EarthIntel

Reply 1
There is nothing wrong with your thoughts at all; you don't need to change who you are in order to find someone who you are compatible with.
Reply 2
You sound really weird from what you posted. Not the part about not wanting to assert yourself sexually on a woman. Just in general...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending