Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My "Ex-Friend" has my sentimental game watch

Announcements

This might sound silly but its really making me a bit iffy... This is anonymous as they use TSR as well.

I lent my friend a game back in 2009, now this was a sentimental game what was on the Gameboy Color, as it was something my dad got me during the time my mum was in hospital which I used to pass the time a few years earlier, and also immersed myself in when she died. As me and this friend was very very close at the time, and he was staying with me for a few weeks, I let him borrow it but promised him to bring it back in a few weeks.

But cut it short, he disrespected my dad very badly while we was on holiday, what my dad offered to pay for him to come as well, and was sent home on the train. Since that night, I rang him to see if he got home, i tried 2 speak 2 him, but we never spoke again, although, we still had each other on FB but the awkwardness was still there and we didn't speak.

Anyway, it got to the point I didn't want to speak 2 him, and he didn't to me... but I knew he worked at the supermarket and I avoided him, and it hurt me inside not speaking, but I was "stubborn" and stood my ground.

In the end, my dad spoke to him asked how he's doing, and he apologised for his behaviour a few years prior, and then a few weeks later, my stubbornness wore and my dad got us speaking and we was all cool again, and sealed it with a hug (Yes were boys who hugged in public but who cares!)

Anyway, we "speak" basically, and the relationship is still repairing since we made up in September, but when I went through my personal sentimental stuff, and found the Gameboy, there was no game, and its the only game I have, and it clicked he must still have it, now, we speak, barely... I am also worried he might have lost it, given it away, sold it or even given it to somebody I don't even like. It would make me so angry if he did, which is what im worried about, but I just don't know how to approach him and ask, but I also don't 100% know if he didn't return it or not but I know I would put it in the case.

Stupid I know, but I want it back, and some people are mad over teddies, which I have, but I am also mad over this and just want it back safe. Any Advice? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Possibly if you are talking again, just bring it up causally and go from there?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.