The Student Room Group

Jobs where you're on patrol?

Does anyone know what sort of jobs are there where you go on patrol, I know about the obvious ones like police,army but I was wondering if there were any others.
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by james238
Does anyone know what sort of jobs are there where you go on patrol, I know about the obvious ones like police,army but I was wondering if there were any others.
Thanks.

Could I ask why? Only that it sounds like the most boring thing ever.
Reply 2
sorry I should have been more clear, I'm not interested in just patrolling but also having to do thing while on patrol.
Private security, but they tend to employ ex-forces I believe (though that may be complete rubbish - I have no experience in the area).

General night guard (e.g. at a museum or shopping centre)?

Prison officer?

Almost by definition, if you're patrolling something you're guarding it in some form.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Park wardens and security services. Could also look into community support officers that are hired by councils to patrol streets though it isn't an easy job. Could also be that hated prick that writes tickets that are issued to motorist :smile: I believe lots of universities has someone who patrols their campus and residential areas, might be worth a shot..... no idea what those people are called these days though.

I think generally park wardens are quite tough a job to get and these days it is quite a prized job too by people who care for the environment.

Private security these days isn't so easy, previously when we hired for any oil installations we always picked those who had some ex-HM Forces credentials to show as it was quite rare then to get them as most preferred doing other things. These days if we request for someone to be ex-HM Forces there would be at least 500 applications for a single post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending