Turn on thread page Beta

MHoC please help with Bite the Ballot Campaign :) watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hello everyone,

Hope you're well. I was wondering whether you would like to help TSR with backing the Bite the Ballot Campaign?

I've attempted to start drumming up some interest within the Politics forum and things have been pretty quiet so far.

We also have a POD on the home page asking whether people care about their vote which all links into the thread below.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=46074201

I have been promoting it on Twitter and yesterday Lord Storey re-tweeted and made contact with us Bite the Ballot HQ have also become aware of our support and are keen to work with us.

You are all actively engaged with politics - it would be wonderful if you could share your insight on the thread above and consider creating some content for TSR whether it be a new thread, a poll or a blog about politics in the UK and getting 16-24 year olds involved.

Maybe post a thread/blog on how you got involved in politics i.e. what got your intention and why you care?

At some point we will also be creating a Poll which will be something along the lines of... "if the General Election was tomorrow, who would you vote for"

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Bite the Ballot is an excellent campaign. I think they helped to organise the trip to Parliament I attended last year alongside TSR.

ReputationRep:
    TSR Model HoC@MHoCNewsnow
    Support @BiteTheBallot on TSR to roll back political apathy by signing up to vote on Feb the 5th during- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2573975 … #NVRD

Tweeted by the MHoC New Team!

I urge everyone to support NVRD on the 5th of February and sign up to VOTE!

Link to Bite the Ballot website for more information!
    Also follow MHoC News, bring news to your twitter feed: @MHoCNews
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    That sounds good, it's a very important campaign and I think there are a lot of members of this House who would like to get involved. I'm going to drop a mention to this thread in a mass PM sent out to our MPs tonight :yy:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Brilliant! Thank you for doing that I'm out of the office today but back in on Monday. I run the @thestudentroom twitter feed so if we're not following you I'll make sure we start!

Catch up with you all next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-RaBrighton)
    Brilliant! Thank you for doing that I'm out of the office today but back in on Monday. I run the @thestudentroom twitter feed so if we're not following you I'll make sure we start!

Catch up with you all next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    seeing as you are part of the TSR team, could I propose that we would like to increase MHoC and MUN activity, so if possible could we get an advert in the main page???

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henry_Tudor)
    seeing as you are part of the TSR team, could I propose that we would like to increase MHoC and MUN activity, so if possible could we get an advert in the main page???

thanks
    That is being taken care by Jarred and RoryS respectively and they are making progress on it.

Excellent, I'll be participating

ReputationRep:
    The blog idea sounds good, explaining why we care about politics and why we feel its important to get involved.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Will95206)
    That is being taken care by Jarred and RoryS respectively and they are making progress on it.
    Can someone send me the link to this?

We have the pod on the homepage which advertises and links directly through to the thread that I created

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2573020&page=3

I can see that some of you have already got involved which is brilliant - engagement looks on the up! Keep up the good work
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Tweeted by the MHoC New Team!

I urge everyone to support NVRD on the 5th of February and sign up to VOTE!

Link to Bite the Ballot website for more information!
    Also follow MHoC News, bring news to your twitter feed: @MHoCNews
    Brilliant! I've just tweeted @mentioning MHoC, I've also retweeted the tweet above. Whenever you tweet about TSR @mention @thestudentroom and I can retweet - we have nearly 28,000 followers now so hopefully it will reach far and wide.

(Original post by Qwertish)
    The blog idea sounds good, explaining why we care about politics and why we feel its important to get involved.
    I'm pleased you agree If you would like to blog, let me know and we can get some advice from our Content Editor - he loves this kind of stuff!

We're going to be running a survey this week asking students if they had to vote in a GE tomorrow who would you vote for and why. Then we'll write an article about the responses.

We're also looking for two students to write an opinion piece - 300-400 words on why they vote/ don't vote and we'll promote this on TSR and Social Media.

Let me know if any of you have any further ideas!

Thanks again for your support! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! I've just tweeted @mentioning MHoC, I've also retweeted the tweet above. Whenever you tweet about TSR @mention @thestudentroom and I can retweet - we have nearly 28,000 followers now so hopefully it will reach far and wide.

I'm pleased you agree If you would like to blog, let me know and we can get some advice from our Content Editor - he loves this kind of stuff!

We're going to be running a survey this week asking students if they had to vote in a GE tomorrow who would you vote for and why. Then we'll write an article about the responses.

We're also looking for two students to write an opinion piece - 300-400 words on why they vote/ don't vote and we'll promote this on TSR and Social Media.

Will do, in terms of twitter!

(Original post by Krollo)
    QFA
    Perhaps a Editor of Ad Hoc we could gather an awareness piece on this or feature the comment pieces as mentioned above?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Will do, in terms of twitter!

Perhaps a Editor of Ad Hoc we could gather an awareness piece on this or feature the comment pieces as mentioned above?
    @LordStorey just favourited our tweet about TSR MHoC!

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean re: Editor of Ad Hoc etc...

ReputationRep:

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean re: Editor of Ad Hoc etc...
    Ad Hoc is the MHoC magazine.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Ad Hoc is the MHoC magazine.
    Thank you Is that a newsletter? Emailed I assume? Sorry for all the questions!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Is that a newsletter? Emailed I assume? Sorry for all the questions!
    Anyone can read it http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1978688

ReputationRep:

Yeah the blog sounds great. We can do pieces every so often up to the EU election and then maybe the GE after that.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    You guys might want to want to get involved with this survey too

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2578528

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.