TSRians please vote for your epic community in INTO’s Student Website of the Year! Watch

She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
:yay::yay: Because this community is so brilliant we have been nominated for the Student Website of the Year :yay::yay:

You can vote for TSR HERE - it only takes a couple of seconds!

Why should you vote? :hmmmm:

Because you are an amazing group of people who support each other :grouphugs:

There are so many we could list.... here's just a few...

You help students with their University applications & study questions
You provide solutions to relationship problems:console:
You advise on health and fitness:scales: inspiring others to transform themselves and support their peers in their next challenge :dumbells:
You passionately debate current affairs and share your views with others:cyber:
You also create the most incredible thread topics which are diverse and are an education in themselves!

This community would be nothing without it's members and it's volunteers so lets make sure the rest of student world know what it's missing :yep:

TSR to win :king1:

#studentshelpstudents
MalteseMalteser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
voted
Ellie_May :)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Voted
ChocoholicCox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Voted
She-Ra
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellie_May :))
Voted
Brilliant! Thank yooooou!
HPF
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
TSR really doesn't deserve it to be honest. The mods are dishonest and the site is full of religion bashers and dumb trolls. I won't be voting
Silver Arrows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by She-RaBrighton)
There are so many we could list.... here's just a few...

You help students with their University applications & study questions
You provide solutions to relationship problems:console:
You advise on health and fitness:scales: inspiring others to transform themselves and support their peers in their next challenge :dumbells:
You passionately debate current affairs and share your views with others:cyber:
You also create the most incredible thread topics which are diverse and are an education in themselves!
Hmm. :koala:

Edit: Voted for Save the Student.
~ Aquamarine ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HPF)
TSR really doesn't deserve it to be honest. The mods are dishonest and the site is full of religion bashers and dumb trolls. I won't be voting
You only joined this month

Anyway I voted
HPF
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
You only joined this month

Anyway I voted
I've been on here for years actually, I just end up making new accounts. And it doesn't actually matter when someone joined; a vote from someone who's been on here 10 years and from someone who's been here 10 minutes is worth the same. TSR should always be trying to improve, instead of letting things slip and run wild and hoping the old members will just stick around, which they will because they've got nothing better to do. Also getting rid of neg rep was a complete joke.
~ Aquamarine ~
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HPF)
I've been on here for years actually, I just end up making new accounts. And it doesn't actually matter when someone joined; a vote from someone who's been on here 10 years and from someone who's been here 10 minutes is worth the same. TSR should always be trying to improve, instead of letting things slip and run wild and hoping the old members will just stick around, which they will because they've got nothing better to do.
Ah fair enough :hat2: thought you was just a new member who had seen all the recent 'revolt against the TSR and Mods threads' and was judging it on that. I apologize

I personally do think TSR can be very helpful, fair enough the chat section will be full of trolls but many people can get genuine help on UCAS and exams and heath/mental well being. Guess it's just down to how you use the site.
She-Ra
Rep:
?
(Original post by HPF)
If this is something you think we should be addressing in more detail - definitely post it in the Feedback Forum and quote in me and Captain Jack. I'll be honest, I'm still a relatively new user and member of the CT being only a month in but I'm really keen to hear your thoughts in more detail if you want to share?

Re:Mods - they give up a massive chunk of their time to support TSR and support members - IMO that's a bit of sweeping comment when we have 60 volunteers.

IMO TSRians should take a step back and look at all the other amazing things TSR community members do - the study help, UCAS support and university forums are amazing and a great resource for students 24/7. Universities refer students to us - there is no other resource out there like it. The health and relationship forums wouldn't function if it wasn't for our members who give up so much time to support one another when they need it the most :grouphugs:

Not to mention all the other forums that create positive and challenging discussion and engage students from all walks of life - loving some of the blogs

TSR is fun too - everyday I see something that makes me smile or just gets me mega excited! Jeanlucpicard can back me up on that
Pickles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If this is something you think we should be addressing in more detail - definitely post it in the Feedback Forum and quote in me and Captain Jack. I'll be honest, I'm still a relatively new user and member of the CT being only a month in but I'm really keen to hear your thoughts in more detail if you want to share?

Re:Mods - they give up a massive chunk of their time to support TSR and support members - IMO that's a bit of sweeping comment when we have 60 volunteers.

IMO TSRians should take a step back and look at all the other amazing things TSR community members do - the study help, UCAS support and university forums are amazing and a great resource for students 24/7. Universities refer students to us - there is no other resource out there like it. The health and relationship forums wouldn't function if it wasn't for our members who give up so much time to support one another when they need it the most :grouphugs:

Not to mention all the other forums that create positive and challenging discussion and engage students from all walks of life - loving some of the blogs

TSR is fun too - everyday I see something that makes me smile or just gets me mega excited! Jeanlucpicard can back me up on that
She's mad as a box of frogs! But I agree with the Princess of Power - TSR is a a fun place to be. Just embrace it!!
King Leonidas
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posting our thoughts in the feedback section is pointless, TSR never listens to the vocal majority (take the negative response the reputation system is getting at the moment for example). This site has changed drastically over the last few years and those changes were not welcomed by us, we were resigned to accept the changes because our opinions polls etc don't matter to TSR.
username1201943
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You must be joking
She-Ra
Rep:
?
(Original post by pinda.college)
Posting our thoughts in the feedback section is pointless, TSR never listens to the vocal majority (take the negative response the reputation system is getting at the moment for example). This site has changed drastically over the last few years and those changes were not welcomed by us, we were resigned to accept the changes because our opinions polls etc don't matter to TSR.
Hey :wavey:

I can't really comment on what you've said because I haven't been involved in TSR for all that long!

It's a shame that you and some of the other members feel that way and that is something that we absolutely have to take on board because it does matter. TSR does care. I care.

Hopefully we can all work together in the future to continue to make TSR the best in can be for our members.

Thanks for the your help with the Welcome Squad too

See you around
Solivagant
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
Why should I vote for TSR? You guys ban all the people I find interesting, delete my posts and threads, never listen to any of the members and have basically turned the forum into Alton Towers for trolls. You've cocked up the rep system and made an absolute Sunday-morning-pile-of-vomit-on-the-pavement mess of the warning system.
Yet you still post on here...
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CJG21)
Yet you still post on here...
Typical response. "If you don't like any single facet, go away immediately"

I didn't say I didn't like TSR. My point is that I am being asked to endorse something that is being made progressively worse and where a section of members are made to feel unwelcome.
King Leonidas
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I can't really comment on what you've said because I haven't been involved in TSR for all that long!

It's a shame that you and some of the other members feel that way and that is something that we absolutely have to take on board because it does matter. TSR does care. I care.

Hopefully we can all work together in the future to continue to make TSR the best in can be for our members.

See you around
How did you manage to become a part of the community team:holmes:

..and thank you, nice to see your positive attitude towards change
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

See you around
It has been demonstrated on so many occasions that how members feel (especially when in the majority) plays absolutely no part whatsoever in the decision making processes.
Solivagant
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
Typical response. "If you don't like any single facet, go away immediately"

I didn't say I didn't like TSR. My point is that I am being asked to endorse something that is being made progressively worse and where a section of members are made to feel unwelcome.
Right. Well I'd rather not open the debate here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.49%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
55.49%
No (71)
39.01%

Watched Threads