sash_23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey!

I received an email on Monday from Goldsmiths admin regarding the Integrated Psychology Degree. I was asked to provide them with a short 500 word piece by Feb 3rd.
However since I have never previously studied Psychology before I was a little confused by the way they worded the question.

'Using a standard Psychology text or Psychology web resource, express an interest in one of the theoretical approaches in Psychology'.

I was wondering if any could give me some advice on what exactly they are expecting from the written piece?

Thanks!
funkymama
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sash_23)
Hey!

I received an email on Monday from Goldsmiths admin regarding the Integrated Psychology Degree. I was asked to provide them with a short 500 word piece by Feb 3rd.
However since I have never previously studied Psychology before I was a little confused by the way they worded the question.

'Using a standard Psychology text or Psychology web resource, express an interest in one of the theoretical approaches in Psychology'.

I was wondering if any could give me some advice on what exactly they are expecting from the written piece?

Thanks!
Hi just get an introductory psychology book from the library and read up on the theoretical approaches to psychology. See which approach you like/interests you and write about why it appeals/confuses/etc to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sonia9412
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! I've applied from Integrated Psychology too at Goldsmiths and they've asked me the same thing.

I think they want us to express which is more interesting to us between Biological, Cognitive, Psychodynamics, Behaviour, Humanism and Memory/Perspective.

I was confused when they said Theoretical but I'm guessing it's the same same the psychological perspectives too?

It's more useful to look at text books especially Javis as he specifies this exactly how it is.

Good luck in your writing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Goldsmiths, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening - All Subjects Postgraduate
    Wed, 18 Mar '20
  • Goldsmiths, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Jun '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (148)
52.11%
No (136)
47.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed