Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Is there anyone here on the board who is an EU National, missed their offer, and still got in?

I am asking this because in our country for example we have mandatory subjects to take at the final exam, so each student in our country has to take it; and in my case, one subject is COMPLETELY irrelevant to my chosen course at uni - and I mean totally irrelevant, but still, mandatory to take.

I guess it may be a different case with the UK, since you get to pick your final exam subjects and if you don't meet the conditions of your offer, that's about it, highly unlikely you would get in. But what about cases with EU nationals?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I managed to get in although I missed the required grade in the relevant subject. I'd say it depends on your course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Yes, I managed to get in although I missed the required grade in the relevant subject. I'd say it depends on your course.
    Any details? What were the required grades and what did you get? What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDigBick)
    Any details? What were the required grades and what did you get? What did you apply for?
    I applied for Language and Culture and my offer was an average lower than 2.0 with a 1 in Spanish. I got a 2 in Spanish and my average was 1.4.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.