Assassins Creed 4

Watch
AdampskiB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys, I got a copy of AC4 with my GFX card last night - do I need to play the others in order to follow the story line?
Assassinn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not really but you'd miss the beauty of the story if you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jacklyn93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No you dont have to play the others to know whats going on, theres only a few mentions of the other stories and the gameplay is easy to catch onto. As a fan of the series I would recommend to play the others but just for fun its not really to catch up:/
Padwas
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i stopped after revelations the assassins creed games are simply amazing

also anyone here know if its worth picking up 3 because i wan to finish desmonds storyline is that 3 or 4 ????
Jacklyn93
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yea Desmond's is finished up in 3. Good game, a few bugs can prevent u from getting 100% sync so thats why im not saying great game. It is worth a play though because after all it is assassins creed lol
xDave-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can play AC4 without playing the rest really, it's more or less its own story. There'll only be a few minor parts that you won't understand.
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AdampskiB)
Hi guys, I got a copy of AC4 with my GFX card last night - do I need to play the others in order to follow the story line?
Assassin's Creed 2 is the only other game in the series that I'd recommend playing. I haven't played AC3 yet though, I'm planning on playing it soon if I have time.
Padwas
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ThatPerson)
Assassin's Creed 2 is the only other game in the series that I'd recommend playing. I haven't played AC3 yet though, I'm planning on playing it soon if I have time.
man ac2 was amazing
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No.

The controls in previous games are too weird and annoying to understand.

AC4 is the only one that gets it right.
anonYOLO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yesss, because it ruins the whole story if you start from the 4th one, it's better if you start from the first one(: you'll understand the story so much more😊
Will Lucky
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Everything but AC1 and 3 are worth playing. Although the story of 1 and 3 are crucial to the main plotline mostly.
Assassinn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Will Lucky)
Everything but AC1 and 3 are worth playing. Although the story of 1 and 3 are crucial to the main plotline mostly.
I just don't understand when people say this, what about them is more underwhelming than the other games?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Dragonborn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Assassinn)
I just don't understand when people say this, what about them is more underwhelming than the other games?

Posted from TSR Mobile
1 was rather repetitive, let's be honest - it was find this guy, get info, kill, move onto the next one.

3 was disappointing - trailers made it look like you;d lead some massive revolution, but...you didn't. The villains were also far cooler than the heroes.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you mean GTX? Or do I not know what GFX means :/

I got mine with my GTX 780 with Splintercell Black List and Batman: Origins.

Be warned it's FULL of bugs, there are also loads of hackers on multiplayer, in fact the entire game's leaderboard is made up of hackers.

And DO NOT put it on max settings, have Anti Aliasing set to low, Soft Shadows on low, and etc. Otherwise you will have the same problem I did where my game crashed permanently, and the only fix is a wipe and reinstall of the game, and even that doesn't work sometimes and you will have to start over from scratch. That means you should also backup your saves as well every so often.
AdampskiB
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by JC 042)
Do you mean GTX? Or do I not know what GFX means :/

I got mine with my GTX 780 with Splintercell Black List and Batman: Origins.

Be warned it's FULL of bugs, there are also loads of hackers on multiplayer, in fact the entire game's leaderboard is made up of hackers.

And DO NOT put it on max settings, have Anti Aliasing set to low, Soft Shadows on low, and etc. Otherwise you will have the same problem I did where my game crashed permanently, and the only fix is a wipe and reinstall of the game, and even that doesn't work sometimes and you will have to start over from scratch. That means you should also backup your saves as well every so often.
GFX = graphics.
firegalley246
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The_Dragonborn)
1 was rather repetitive, let's be honest - it was find this guy, get info, kill, move onto the next one.

3 was disappointing - trailers made it look like you;d lead some massive revolution, but...you didn't. The villains were also far cooler than the heroes.
I finished playing AC4 (very good game), and have gone back to playing AC1 (I played it about 18 months ago, and gave up halfway through) which I am now really enjoying - there's a point to doing all those save the citizen and investigation side quests, because they give you information and really do end up helping you carry out the main "assassinate templar no. X" sequence.

Also, there's no marking of the enemies on your radar, and they are in general tougher than in the newer games. Plus, AC1 is a lot more "pure" in the sense that Altair is an assassin, and not some pirate running around looting treasure chests and hunting animals...
Padwas
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by firegalley246)
I finished playing AC4 (very good game), and have gone back to playing AC1 (I played it about 18 months ago, and gave up halfway through) which I am now really enjoying - there's a point to doing all those save the citizen and investigation side quests, because they give you information and really do end up helping you carry out the main "assassinate templar no. X" sequence.

Also, there's no marking of the enemies on your radar, and they are in general tougher than in the newer games. Plus, AC1 is a lot more "pure" in the sense that Altair is an assassin, and not some pirate running around looting treasure chests and hunting animals...
ac1 was very receptive
ac2 was perfection

did you play ac3
The_Dragonborn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Agreed, but you could still do the bare minimum for the save citizen and investigate side quests, and still complete the assassination successfully. The extra information is of course helpful, but not THAT helpful - the most useful things are the Vigilantes which hold back guards for you.

Gotta agree with this. The older games are certainly purer, but they keep getting more and more far fetched. A 50 year-old Ezio seems to have more strength to climb and fight than the 20 year-old one. And Connor and Edward seem to be able to climb pretty much anything.

Yes, the older games are tougher, but the combat was easier as it was pretty much all countering for quick kills. Although the combat has now been made far too easy, there is a flow to it, which is nice, especially compared to the blocky, stiff attacking/defending routines in AC1 and AC2.
Fango_Jett
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mediocre game. 7/10 if we are generous. I would just skip this one OP, and just play Revelations, II, 1, and Brotherhood.
firegalley246
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The_Dragonborn)
Agreed, but you could still do the bare minimum for the save citizen and investigate side quests, and still complete the assassination successfully. The extra information is of course helpful, but not THAT helpful - the most useful things are the Vigilantes which hold back guards for you.

Gotta agree with this. The older games are certainly purer, but they keep getting more and more far fetched. A 50 year-old Ezio seems to have more strength to climb and fight than the 20 year-old one. And Connor and Edward seem to be able to climb pretty much anything.

Yes, the older games are tougher, but the combat was easier as it was pretty much all countering for quick kills. Although the combat has now been made far too easy, there is a flow to it, which is nice, especially compared to the blocky, stiff attacking/defending routines in AC1 and AC2.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong on AC1, but it seems that there's a lot of enemies (the proper templar ones, and the heavies) that I can't counter - the only way seems to be grabbing and pushing them onto the floor (then stabbing), or dodging and then hitting back to get a combo going. The counter seems to only work on the basic guards.

I agree about the combat being more fluid though, that is an upside of the newer games (even if it does make it easy to get a 7-kill streak going).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads