Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Extraordinary string of coincidences or fate? watch

Anon please..

So let me break this down for you, there is a couple to go through.

Me and my long distance girlfriend starting talking around 7 months ago, we live 80 miles apart, we followed each other on instagram, she messaged me on kik and from there we met once when she came to my home town to visit her family and finally met properly yesterday which was absolutely amazing and probably one of the happiest days of my life.

Anyways, so she lives in Cheshire, and I live in the Midlands, 80 miles apart. Before we started talking we had never seen each other before, never had any contact or anything, but grew very, very, very close just over messages and phone calls.

1. When we got talking, we found out that she has family in my town, which is a very very small and and completely ordinary town in every single way, and she has family down here which I know. I know all of her cousins, I went to school with them but we haven't stayed in touch at all since a couple years. As well as this my mum knows her aunty, and my sister knows her cousin, they are very close friends.

2. Her cousins, which house she stays at regularly when she visits, is literally around the corner from mine, maximum 30 steps away from my house. This might not be that much of a big thing when read, but when you think about it, her family could of lived absolutely anywhere else in the UK, and with how little and unpopular this town is they live here, and not just here but around the corner from my house. This was the first time we met, imagine romeo and juliet, she was in the window and I was outside of the house just both having a nice chat

3. Her mum was born here, lived and grew up here, I attended the same secondary school that she did also. Put into perspective she could have been born anywhere, attended any school, even in this town as there are a few.

4. Now this is the really weird one..

My date of birth is 26/06/1994
    Her date of birth is 23/03/1997

So that means we were born 3 days, 3 months and 3 years apart.

These are some off the top of my head, but there have been many many more that I cant remember at the moment but will update if I remember any more. It may not sound as extraordinary when written down but please put into perspective , my town is around 104km big so its very very small with a population of around 65,000. As well as the fact she could of had family absolutely anywhere in the country, and even if they lived in this town, it could have been further from my house like on the other side of the town but instead its around the corner.

She also came into my life at a very very low point where I was suffering with depression, I have no idea what I would of done if we didnt start talking and she got me out of the depression. We spent the day with each ogther yesterday and both of us have said that it was possibly the happiest we had ever been. I just feel really happy, giddy, and content right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon please..

So let me break this down for you, there is a couple to go through.

Me and my long distance girlfriend starting talking around 7 months ago, we live 80 miles apart, we followed each other on instagram, she messaged me on kik and from there we met once when she came to my home town to visit her family and finally met properly yesterday which was absolutely amazing and probably one of the happiest days of my life.

Anyways, so she lives in Cheshire, and I live in the Midlands, 80 miles apart. Before we started talking we had never seen each other before, never had any contact or anything, but grew very, very, very close just over messages and phone calls.

1. When we got talking, we found out that she has family in my town, which is a very very small and and completely ordinary town in every single way, and she has family down here which I know. I know all of her cousins, I went to school with them but we haven't stayed in touch at all since a couple years. As well as this my mum knows her aunty, and my sister knows her cousin, they are very close friends.

2. Her cousins, which house she stays at regularly when she visits, is literally around the corner from mine, maximum 30 steps away from my house. This might not be that much of a big thing when read, but when you think about it, her family could of lived absolutely anywhere else in the UK, and with how little and unpopular this town is they live here, and not just here but around the corner from my house. This was the first time we met, imagine romeo and juliet, she was in the window and I was outside of the house just both having a nice chat

3. Her mum was born here, lived and grew up here, I attended the same secondary school that she did also. Put into perspective she could have been born anywhere, attended any school, even in this town as there are a few.

4. Now this is the really weird one..

My date of birth is 26/06/1994
    Her date of birth is 23/03/1997

So that means we were born 3 days, 3 months and 3 years apart.

These are some off the top of my head, but there have been many many more that I cant remember at the moment but will update if I remember any more. It may not sound as extraordinary when written down but please put into perspective , my town is around 104km big so its very very small with a population of around 65,000. As well as the fact she could of had family absolutely anywhere in the country, and even if they lived in this town, it could have been further from my house like on the other side of the town but instead its around the corner.

She also came into my life at a very very low point where I was suffering with depression, I have no idea what I would of done if we didnt start talking and she got me out of the depression. We spent the day with each ogther yesterday and both of us have said that it was possibly the happiest we had ever been. I just feel really happy, giddy, and content right now
    yes m8 its deffo fate.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'm sorry but that birth date thing is ridiculous.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah, you're going to shag and give birth to the child destined to bring back the Illuminati. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    Your maths is wrong. You were born 2 years, 8 months and 25 days apart.

That does happen to be 1001 days though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if you are the same blood group that would be the clincher for me

:beard:

ReputationRep:
    Coincidence.

(Original post by sarahzodiac)
    Are you high or stupid?
    Or worse...he's in love.

ReputationRep:
    Coincidence...I think...

So

ReputationRep:
    I hate to break it but it seems to me to be an extraordinary strong of STALKER. (Her not you.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Your maths is wrong. You were born 2 years, 8 months and 25 days apart.

That does happen to be 1001 days though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This.

I mean what are the chances of you dating someone vaguely within a decade of your own birth, and having a month and day to go with it?

Oh wait, it's every chance ever and it happens all the time.

I'm pleased you;re happy with your new relationship OP, and finally meeting up thus making it 'real'.

However do try and maintain some semblance of rationality, what coincidences there are, are exactly that. Coincidences.

Believing in fate isn't a good idea, because it makes you believe that your own relationship is mostly outside of your own power (which could make you a bit lazy on your own side of things or make assumptions that aren't intelligent) but also it will really side-swipe you should something go wrong, whatever it may be.

Never take for granted that the only control you have is how you behave in a relationship, and it's up to you to behave well if you even want a chance at a good one.

Best of luck mate and hope it's a long and satisfying one!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's lovely, OP - I'm very happy for you Whether it's fate or coincidence doesn't matter - if you feel like it's meant to be, that's all that counts.

All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.