x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... Systems Neuroscience PhD

I'm interested in... Research & Medicine

I'm thinking about... becoming a double D (i.e double doctor [ i.e PhD & MD]) :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolScientist)
    I'm studying... Systems Neuroscience PhD

I'm interested in... Research & Medicine

I'm thinking about... becoming a double D (i.e double doctor [ i.e PhD & MD]) :-D
    Fair play to you! How are you currently finding your studies? Sounds amazing!

Bristol is a cool place to be too - I studied my BA there! Keep going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
    Fair play to you! How are you currently finding your studies? Sounds amazing!

Bristol is a cool place to be too - I studied my BA there! Keep going!
    Hi! I agree, i'm absolutely in love with Bristol and will be devastated to leave and unfortunately this is my final year, and I can't even make the most of it either as the final year of my PhD is the most intense!

PhD is going well but incredibly stressful towards the end! I'm in the middle of applying to Medicine to be doing after my PhD, so i'll pretty much be in education forever lol, or at least it feels that way! But hey, I wouldn't have it any other way :-) What are you doing with yourself now you've moved away from hilly Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I agree, i'm absolutely in love with Bristol and will be devastated to leave and unfortunately this is my final year, and I can't even make the most of it either as the final year of my PhD is the most intense!

PhD is going well but incredibly stressful towards the end! I'm in the middle of applying to Medicine to be doing after my PhD, so i'll pretty much be in education forever lol, or at least it feels that way! But hey, I wouldn't have it any other way :-) What are you doing with yourself now you've moved away from hilly Bristol?
    That's so unfortunate, however previous to your final year, I hope you had to make the most of it then?! There are so many nice places in Bristol both social and cultural - just remember when your PhD studies are complete, chill down by the harbour with a cold beer in your hand and pat yourself on the back for your achievements!

Where are you looking to study medicine?

You're right, Bristol is a very hilly place! I used to live not far from St. Michaels Hill too! I'm now in Sussex, back in the countryside (a very big shock moving back!!), in the near future i'm looking to work, however in the not to distant future I want to do a Masters

Are you looking to move out of Bristol after your PhD studies?

ReputationRep:
    I would have loved to stay in Bristol, but unfortunately my GCSE's from 10 years ago have held me back, which is a bit of a bummer! But hey, it wasn't meant to be I guess! Ah I'm more of a cider girl myself, another reason I love being in Somerset! Have you been to the Apple? The cider boat on harbourside? Great place! St Michaels hill.... I know it well! Used to walk up it every day to uni in my first year and it never got easier!

My number one choice to study medicine is Warwick, but i'll be over the moon just to get in anywhere! I've got all 4 interviews so far, so it'll be a real blow if I don't get any! Plus I'm starting to get a bit old now so really want to get in this time around!

Masters sounds great! What kind of thing are looking to do it on and any preference for uni's?

ReputationRep:
    I would have loved to stay in Bristol, but unfortunately my GCSE's from 10 years ago have held me back, which is a bit of a bummer! But hey, it wasn't meant to be I guess! Ah I'm more of a cider girl myself, another reason I love being in Somerset! Have you been to the Apple? The cider boat on harbourside? Great place! St Michaels hill.... I know it well! Used to walk up it every day to uni in my first year and it never got easier!

My number one choice to study medicine is Warwick, but i'll be over the moon just to get in anywhere! I've got all 4 interviews so far, so it'll be a real blow if I don't get any! Plus I'm starting to get a bit old now so really want to get in this time around!

Masters sounds great! What kind of thing are looking to do it on and any preference for uni's?
    That's such a shame - sorry to hear that! But Warwick is an equally nice place to study! The Apple is amazing, spent far too many nights on a jolly down there. Have you been to the Corry tap up by the Suspension Bridge? Also another great place for a cider drinker!

It was a steep hill, I always v. lazy however and drove

Congratulations on the 4 interviews! Where are the other interviews for and when are they? All the best of luck with them! I'm sure you'll be fine, before long you will have a Doctorate! You're only as old as you feel, so think you're young and you'll be grand! Plus, you can't be that old!

I think i'm going to look to do a Masters in Management or Surveying! I'm not entirely sure yet however as it would be for the 2015 intake! (I do however miss being in Bristol, so I may have to consider moving back!!)

When are you due to complete your studies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
    That's such a shame - sorry to hear that! But Warwick is an equally nice place to study! The Apple is amazing, spent far too many nights on a jolly down there. Have you been to the Corry tap up by the Suspension Bridge? Also another great place for a cider drinker!

It was a steep hill, I always v. lazy however and drove

Congratulations on the 4 interviews! Where are the other interviews for and when are they? All the best of luck with them! I'm sure you'll be fine, before long you will have a Doctorate! You're only as old as you feel, so think you're young and you'll be grand! Plus, you can't be that old!

I think i'm going to look to do a Masters in Management or Surveying! I'm not entirely sure yet however as it would be for the 2015 intake! (I do however miss being in Bristol, so I may have to consider moving back!!)

When are you due to complete your studies?
    I have indeed been to the Corry Tap! I live on the triangle now, so not that far away from it. Where's your fave place for a night out in Bristol? My friend's band are playing at Mr Wolfs tonight so going to sacrifice a few study hours and head over later!

Haha no not that old, but some of the places i've applied to are the 5 year courses, which are slightly less competitive that graduate entry (4 year) courses, but most students are straight after A level. And at one interview I was delighted to see so many mature students, until I realised they were the parents of the other candidates! Haha. Suddenly 25 felt VERY old!

Masters sounds great, and working now for a year is a great idea. They're so expensive now! Are you looking to a surveyor after completing?

ReputationRep:
    I have indeed been to the Corry Tap! I live on the triangle now, so not that far away from it. Where's your fave place for a night out in Bristol? My friend's band are playing at Mr Wolfs tonight so going to sacrifice a few study hours and head over later!

Haha no not that old, but some of the places i've applied to are the 5 year courses, which are slightly less competitive that graduate entry (4 year) courses, but most students are straight after A level. And at one interview I was delighted to see so many mature students, until I realised they were the parents of the other candidates! Haha. Suddenly 25 felt VERY old!

Masters sounds great, and working now for a year is a great idea. They're so expensive now! Are you looking to a surveyor after completing?
    The Triangle is amazing - I was in Bristol last weekend and met up some friends in the Brass Pig, then in the evening went to Lizard Lounge....It's clear now that I can't handle the life of a student again! What's one of your best nights out? I just love Bristol. Unbelievable.

Ah cool - someone I know puts together band evenings often and they play Mr Wolfs. I've never been myself, but it's meant to brilliant! You've got to get out every now and then, you can't be studying all the time!

Haha, 25 is not old, look at the qualifications you have behind you already! You're 25 and you'll hold a PhD, that is an awesome achievement! In terms of a 4-5 year study you'll come out with the same outcome it just depends on expense? Are you working all the time you are studying as I can't imagine that has been cheap!

I will be looking into surveying after my masters, I just need to look at different universities and decide whether I want to do a PT or FT Masters..as you said, it all comes down to expense now!!

Any cool plans for the weekend?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.