Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Investments for 15-16 year olds? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Are there any investments products for 15-16 year olds out there, in the UK only?

Thanks for all of the help in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Pack of ****. Sell them for a quid round the back school gates and you'll make over £10 on a packet. I actually had a friend who made quite a bit of money doing this :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Legitimate methods?

ReputationRep:
    Invest in your education.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way of actually saving for my future at some percentage increase rate that is not an ISA or any savings account, more like a bond or shares or something?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Pack of ****. Sell them for a quid round the back school gates and you'll make over £10 on a packet. I actually had a friend who made quite a bit of money doing this :lol:
    I made a load of money doing this at school, at one point i was selling over 40 during dinner time alone. They was 50p back then however, it was £2 something per 10 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know you're looking for actual investments, but Halifax do a junior ISA with 6% interest which is a pretty great rate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by arjunbendre)
    Hi all,

Are there any investments products for 15-16 year olds out there, in the UK only?

Thanks for all of the help in advance!
    Have a look what savings accounts there are out there.

ReputationRep:
    No

You're stuck with saving or starting a business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Have a look what savings accounts there are out there.

Okay thanks I'll take a look!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    No

You're stuck with saving or starting a business.

Okay thanks!

ReputationRep:
    My older brother sells cigarettes for 5 pound a roll to year 9's he makes a lot fo cash quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumori)
    I made a load of money doing this at school, at one point i was selling over 40 during dinner time alone. They was 50p back then however, it was £2 something per 10 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    40 ****?! Now that is a fortune. Yeah, it was 50p for one back in my day or 3 for £1 depending on who was selling it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunshine Jess)
    I know you're looking for actual investments, but Halifax do a junior ISA with 6% interest which is a pretty great rate

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks! I'll have a look at that!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.