The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Primary Education at Edge Hill September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heatherdukes
Definitely firming Edge Hill, love the campus so so much! Can't wait to start, good luck to everyone who's still in the interview process! :biggrin:

Hey! I have my interview in a few weeks for Edge Hill! Any tips? I am prepping so much.. nervous is an understatement right now! :confused: xx
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 61
Hi Sarahellen :smile: Thank you for all this, it has being a massive help! Well done on your interview! I am a little anxious about the tests, especially maths. How did you prepare for these? Were they difficult! The tests would be the most thing I am nervous about! I am quiet a smiley person so that may help my case! Hopefully it goes well for me! Thanks again :smile:
Reply 62
I have mine in a few weeks too :smile: I'm mostly worried about how much detail to go into with the book presentation. Can't help but think I tend to ramble haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trishg22
Hi Sarahellen :smile: Thank you for all this, it has being a massive help! Well done on your interview! I am a little anxious about the tests, especially maths. How did you prepare for these? Were they difficult! The tests would be the most thing I am nervous about! I am quiet a smiley person so that may help my case! Hopefully it goes well for me! Thanks again :smile:

No problem , happy to help. :smile: for the literacy I just took practice tests online which I think are on the direct gov website. as for numeracy I still have to dI this as I failed the first time, 18 seconds really panicked me.

the tests at edge hill are fairly simple and I didnt prepare at all although I would say if you really struggle with numeracy like me then maybe take a quick look at some gcse maths books and make sure you know your times tables.
Good luck again although im sure you'll befine!
Original post by MrsJay
I have mine in a few weeks too :smile: I'm mostly worried about how much detail to go into with the book presentation. Can't help but think I tend to ramble haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm nervous for he book interview because I can talk wayyy too much! I'm also bit worried about the exams! Scary times!! Have you decided on the book you're taking? x
Reply 65
Original post by MrsJay

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't think the book presentation was that bad (bare in mind mine was for early years not primary), but it says they give you five minutes but I was done in probably less than two haha just try and stick to the main points and say how you can link it to national curriculum and possibly the eyfs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I have a interview on the 2nd of April for early years. Is anyone else going to be there?
Reply 67
Original post by Jacksmummy
Hi guys, I have a interview on the 2nd of April for early years. Is anyone else going to be there?

I had my interview for Early Years last month and got a conditional offer :smile: is Edge Hill your first choice?
Original post by Beckyy18
I had my interview for Early Years last month and got a conditional offer :smile: is Edge Hill your first choice?

Yes it's my first choice, I currently live in Devon so I'd have to move but I just love the university :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by laurafitz89
Yeah I'm nervous for he book interview because I can talk wayyy too much! I'm also bit worried about the exams! Scary times!! Have you decided on the book you're taking? x

Not picked a book yet. Had a few in mind but then got a bit worried they were all a bit obvious and that I should try to pick something a little more obscure. I think that's my problem entirely haha.....I keep wondering whether I should be going more in depth....then worry that I'm trying to be too clever haha!

Do you have a book in mind? Have you done your literacy and numeracy tests yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
I didn't think the book presentation was that bad (bare in mind mine was for early years not primary), but it says they give you five minutes but I was done in probably less than two haha just try and stick to the main points and say how you can link it to national curriculum and possibly the eyfs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow...well done keeping it to 2 mins! I need to work on my making things concise skills haha!

Did you do your book presentation in a group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Jacksmummy
Yes it's my first choice, I currently live in Devon so I'd have to move but I just love the university :smile:

Ahh yes I'm from Manchester so I'll be moving too :smile: are you staying in halls or finding your own place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by MrsJay
Wow...well done keeping it to 2 mins! I need to work on my making things concise skills haha!

Did you do your book presentation in a group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Haha I had the problem of trying to extend it to five minutes, I'm the kind of person that just gets straight to the point and doesn't beat around the bush :') No my presentation was 1 on 1 with the interviewer who was a deputy head of a primary school, she was really lovely and made me feel completely at ease! However that may be different for the primary interview because there are twice as many applicants for that than Early Years! But honestly it isn't as terrifying as you think it is :smile: you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh yes I'm from Manchester so I'll be moving too :smile: are you staying in halls or finding your own place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Il be finding my own place because I've got a little boy. My mum lives in widnes so I'll be looking to move near there :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by sarahellene
what do you want to major and minor in ?

Hi, it will be in English, you?
Reply 75
Original post by leanne1996
When did you have your interview? :smile:

January 8th
Reply 76
How was the interview at edge hill? I have mine tomorrow
Reply 77
Thank you! Haha I had the problem of trying to extend it to five minutes, I'm the kind of person that just gets straight to the point and doesn't beat around the bush :') No my presentation was 1 on 1 with the interviewer who was a deputy head of a primary school, she was really lovely and made me feel completely at ease! However that may be different for the primary interview because there are twice as many applicants for that than Early Years! But honestly it isn't as terrifying as you think it is :smile: you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! Hopefully nerves will disappear once I get the first 5 minutes out of the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurafitz89
Hey! I have my interview in a few weeks for Edge Hill! Any tips? I am prepping so much.. nervous is an understatement right now! :confused: xx

Don't worry, it's not that bad! The maths, science and English were all fairly easy and I did my book presentation with just the interviewer rather than with a group of other candidates so it was far less stressful than I expected! Only thing I struggled with were some of the interview questions, like 'tell me about teaching strategies' for example. But I didn't think I did well at all during the individual interview and I still got an offer, so I wouldn't worry too much! Good luck :biggrin:
Hello, I have got an interview for edge hill in April, and I am well aware that there is a literacy and numeracy professional skills test to do; however in an e-mail from edge hill they mentioned an english, maths and science skills test that will be taken during the interview process.
Has anybody else completed these, and if so could you let me know what sort of topics the science test will include.

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending