The Student Room Group

Paper was re-marked, old mark submitted

One of my papers from summer was re-marked and my grade has gone up. I wasn't informed of this, so on my UCAS it has my old grade.

I think I wasn't informed because I dropped the AS but still.

What should I do? Do I contact UCAS?

I emailed my careers advisor and she hasn't emailed me back :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
One of my papers from summer was re-marked and my grade has gone up. I wasn't informed of this, so on my UCAS it has my old grade.

I think I wasn't informed because I dropped the AS but still.

What should I do? Do I contact UCAS?

I emailed my careers advisor and she hasn't emailed me back :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call Ucas and explain. Better still, get your head of sixth form to do it for you. It carries more weight if it's done by your school.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Call Ucas and explain. Better still, get your head of sixth form to do it for you. It carries more weight if it's done by your school.

What do you mean by 'carries more weight'? I doubt my headmaster at college would deal with it, as he most probably has more important things to do but I suppose I'll tell my tutor or go and badger my careers advisor.
Original post by corax
What do you mean by 'carries more weight'? I doubt my headmaster at college would deal with it, as he most probably has more important things to do but I suppose I'll tell my tutor or go and badger my careers advisor.

I mean that obviously anyone could call and claim anything - when the form goes off the first time, the referee has a responsibility to certify that the grades and other information are correct, and schools do check this. If someone simply calls and says their grades have gone up, Ucas will have to check it out, and it is much quicker and easier to get the original referee to do it and will save you the hassle of sending off the proof.
Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I mean that obviously anyone could call and claim anything - when the form goes off the first time, the referee has a responsibility to certify that the grades and other information are correct, and schools do check this. If someone simply calls and says their grades have gone up, Ucas will have to check it out, and it is much quicker and easier to get the original referee to do it and will save you the hassle of sending off the proof.

Good point, thank you
Original post by corax
Good point, thank you

No problem. It's what I do for a living.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending