Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people only bother with you when you have no problems? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Or walk away from you when you do? It hurts so much

ReputationRep:
    You must be great to go for a drink with.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have friends. Get some friends.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    You sound overbearing

ReputationRep:
    Because your problems remind them of theirs.

The people I know are lucky because I pull away from them when I'm going through **** so they don't have to deal with it/me.

ReputationRep:
    That's when you can distinguish real friends and friends...

ReputationRep:
    My problems are my problems, my friends dont know about my problems because they are my problems not theirs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatLTUguy)
    You don't have friends. Get some friends.

/thread
    How does that answer the question? Exactly, it doesn't. So do one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kilroy8)
    You must be great to go for a drink with.
    I am actually. When I get drunk I am far crazier and wild compared to sober. Life and soul every time mainly cause I do stupid things no one else will.

ReputationRep:
    It's like this poem:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solitude_(poem)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamintorture)
    How does that answer the question? Exactly, it doesn't. So do one.
    You're really rude. Perhaps it's because you have problems, but that's probably why people don't bother with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    You're really rude. Perhaps it's because you have problems, but that's probably why people don't bother with you.
    He started it. Telling me I have no friends when he doesn't even know me.

ReputationRep:
    He started it. Telling me I have no friends when he doesn't even know me.
    Well you did say that nobody bothers with you, suggesting you don't have friends.

Not having friends isn't necessarily an insult.

ReputationRep:
    This echoes my thoughts perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    Well you did say that nobody bothers with you, suggesting you don't have friends.

Not having friends isn't necessarily an insult.
    Maybe that wasn't intended to be rude but "/thread" is quite dismissive and rude if you ask me. Anyway, whatever. I just wanted to find out what makes some people run away from others with problems not discuss my friendship circle.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that wasn't intended to be rude but "/thread" is quite dismissive and rude if you ask me. Anyway, whatever. I just wanted to find out what makes some people run away from others with problems not discuss my friendship circle.
    It's probably because people want to have a good time/feel good, and don't want to be dragged into your misery, especially if you become unpleasant when miserable.

Ask yourself: would you rather hang out with a really nice, happy, receptive person, or a really unpleasant, unhappy, unreceptive person. Why?

ReputationRep:
    It's probably because people want to have a good time/feel good, and don't want to be dragged into your misery, especially if you become unpleasant when miserable.

Ask yourself: would you rather hang out with a really nice, happy, receptive person, or a really unpleasant, unhappy, unreceptive person. Why?
    Of course we would all rather hang out with a happy person. But it's quite selfish of supposed true friends to walk away at the first sign of trouble and only make themselves known during the good times.

ReputationRep:
    Of course we would all rather hang out with a happy person. But it's quite selfish of supposed true friends to walk away at the first sign of trouble and only make themselves known during the good times.
    I've been on the receiving end of this rejection, so I know what it feels like.

People are selfish, mostly. There's your answer

ReputationRep:
    I've been on the receiving end of this rejection, so I know what it feels like.

People are selfish, mostly. There's your answer
    Exactly. Yeah you're right.

ReputationRep:
    Or walk away from you when you do? It hurts so much

The answer to your question is quite ambiguous. I believe it is to do with either jealousy or selfishness.
    When people are selfish they only care for what services you can do for them, this is a characteristic amongst people who are 'good' friends. When this isn't returned you could denounce that person as having a dracian attitude, i.e. living off your happiness.

Another reason is we only notice the bad things that happen to us when we're happy, because something is blocking our enjoyment, whereas when we're sad we take negative things for granted because we are in that state of mind.

If it's because of people which has led you to this post then perhaps you should find new friends or start caring more about yourself, putting your own needs before others. "Love thy self" I think they say..

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.