Favourite US President since the beginning of WW1?

Watch
Poll: Favourite US President since the beginning of WW1?
Roosevelt (5)
26.32%
Truman (1)
5.26%
Eisenhower (0)
0%
Kenndey (3)
15.79%
Linden Johnson (3)
15.79%
Nixon (2)
10.53%
Ford (0)
0%
Carter (1)
5.26%
Regan (1)
5.26%
Bush (sen) (0)
0%
Clinton (1)
5.26%
Bush (jr) (0)
0%
Obama (0)
0%
NONE! (2)
10.53%
Will95206
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Favourite US President since the beginning of WW1?? (MULTIVOTE)

Carrying on my the last series of Fav UK PMs since 1945!
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Ronald Reagan.
Plainview
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'll say Roosevelt, because he was a master pragmatist, and managed to successfully negotiate with perhaps the most neurotic and dangerous dictator of all time, Stalin.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Will95206)
Favourite US President since the beginning of WW1?? (MULTIVOTE)

Carrying on my the last series of Fav UK PMs since 1945!
My knowledge between Truman and Carter is limited but i'd go for Clinton. While a difficult presidency he did well regarding the economy, engaged in foreign intervention and made several good moves regarding guns and crime although not massively significant.
King Kebab
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Roosevelt
username851717
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
LBJ- His domestic policy was tasty and improved things greatly. Shame about the whole Vietnam war which was a stupid mistake for him. Alas he essentially had to become president after dear old JFK got killed.

Actually FDR and JFK in a close second
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
LBJ - Essentially carried out JFK's domestic vision, with the Civil Rights act and Great Society. Vietnam was a bad mistake, but he had terrible advisers and wasn't exactly a foreign policy expert. History has judged far better than his contemporaries did.

Nixon - Managed to put an end to the Vietnam war, opened relations with China and was a shrewd liberal populist. Wasn't exactly a likeable guy, and was extremely paranoid, but nonetheless an effective President and ruthless politician. Would be interesting to see how his second term would have ran without Watergate.

I expect JFK to do well in this poll, who in my opinion is a bit overrated. Although his brinkmanship during the Missile Crisis potentially saved the world.
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Roosevelt, Did you mean the beginning of WW2?
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Nixon, a man who'd get the trains running on time.

Couldnt care less about watergate, all presidents are corrupt as ****, he just got caught.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (63)
22.5%
Note taking apps (6)
2.14%
Flashcards (52)
18.57%
Revision guides (16)
5.71%
Past papers (132)
47.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.93%

Watched Threads