Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How I Met Your Mother watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If any of you are as obsessed with this show as I am, you'll be pleased to know that series 9 will begin to air on Thursday February 6th (two weeks today) at 8:30 on E4! They just posted it on Twitter about 20 minutes ago, and I thought I'd share the great news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrissM)
    If any of you are as obsessed with this show as I am, you'll be pleased to know that series 9 will begin to air on Thursday February 6th (two weeks today) at 8:30 on E4! They just posted it on Twitter about 20 minutes ago, and I thought I'd share the great news!
    Really? Yes!
    Robin and Ted forever of course xD

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome so excited and it's on my birthday too!!

ReputationRep:
    Ew, Robin and Ted. The writers should have killed that off a LONG time ago. Pathetic on their behalf not to.

Anyway, that aside... I'm over half way into series 9 and the quality is generally pretty poor but still watchable. The episode a week and a half ago was the worst in HIMYM history though.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently this season is really poor but I'm still so excited

ReputationRep:
    I said before and I will say it again. Ted will end up with Robin. Most of you probably thin I'm crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Not having already watched 15 episodes of season 9.

Please...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seathestars)
    Ew, Robin and Ted. The writers should have killed that off a LONG time ago. Pathetic on their behalf not to.

Anyway, that aside... I'm over half way into series 9 and the quality is generally pretty poor but still watchable. The episode a week and a half ago was the worst in HIMYM history though.
    They should have killed it off but they didn't and now it's kinda too late so I feel that the whole The Mother thing just isn't going to work because unless Ted getd over Robin super quickly then no

ReputationRep:
    Ted is ending up with Robin.

Don't forget that

ReputationRep:
    How is Ted ending up with Robin!?
    We know who the mother is,
    and when talking to his kids he refers to Robin as "Aunt Robin"

I've got seasons 1-8 on DVD,
    I love this show, I'll be say to see it end,
    it truly has been

Legen-wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzylemonade)
    They should have killed it off but they didn't and now it's kinda too late so I feel that the whole The Mother thing just isn't going to work because unless Ted getd over Robin super quickly then no
    I think he will fall in love with The Mother and forget about Robin romantically... but we're not going to see his relationship with the mother develop really so that doesn't matter. It should have been killed off last season at the very latest. Probably 2 series earlier.

ReputationRep:
    I watch it online so i'm quite far ahead. This weeks episode (S9E16) was one of the best in a really long time, the best of the season for sure. Any doubts about the character of the mother have been blown away. The episode focuses solely on her and the way it connected the dots right back to 2005 was pretty cool. Lots of flashbacks to old episodes, but from the mothers point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    I watch it online so i'm quite far ahead. This weeks episode (S9E16) was one of the best in a really long time, the best of the season for sure. Any doubts about the character of the mother have been blown away. The episode focuses solely on her and the way it connected the dots right back to 2005 was pretty cool. Lots of flashbacks to old episodes, but from the mothers point of view.
    I watch it online too! couldn't wait for it to start of E4 I loved that episode!

ReputationRep:
    I got so sad for her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I got so sad for her

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    I got so sad for her
    Yeah. She's a very likable character.

The writers have said that in the season finale we will find out the reason why Ted is telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. What do people think?

ReputationRep:

The writers have said that in the season finale we will find out the reason why Ted is telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. What do people think?
    There's a special reason? Maybe she died :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's a special reason? Maybe she died :eek:
    That's what a lot of people are suggesting online. I don't think it'd be a very popular outcome with the fans!

ReputationRep:

He's leaving their mother for Robin and has decided to tell the kids that he only ever settled for the mother. Ok I don't really think it will be that but it's not that ridiculous a theory considering the past 8 years.

I really hope she's not dead, I know they're not afraid of writing darker moments but that would be too far. Plus if the mother was dead you'd think the kids would actually want to hear the story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jezebelle)
    He's leaving their mother for Robin and has decided to tell the kids that he only ever settled for the mother. Ok I don't really think it will be that but it's not that ridiculous a theory considering the past 8 years.

I really hope she's not dead, I know they're not afraid of writing darker moments but that would be too far. Plus if the mother was dead you'd think the kids would actually want to hear the story.

Yeah. Plus telling them the story of how you slept with almost every girl in New York before settling down with their mother doesn't seem appropriate if she's dead :lol:

Part of me thinks it might be something to do with Robin. After all, he started the story on the day he met her.

Hopefully it's not too dark. I don't think it will be.

I read somewhere that the final scene was filmed back in 2006, with just the two kids, the writers and one camera man in the room. They said that there hasn't been any reason to change it as the seasons have gone on, so aside from a couple of extra scenes they filmed with the kids to give them some flexibility, the final scene is pretty much the same as they planned 8 years ago.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.