Think I have a phobia when it comes to essay writing.... advice?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I study non-essay subject at A2 level Maths, Chemistry and Biology. However, I have noticed that I get all panicky when I am told to do a long writing. Next year I will be going to University and this really worries me. I have achieved both A grades in English Language & English Literature GCSE. English is not my first language and so I have major difficulties with it as I was growing up. I was even predicted an E grade in GCSE English (that really knocked down my confidence) but I worked my ass off studying countless hours for it and did well. I just need some advice, anyone who has experiences of this - please do share.

Thanks All
yelladdnaeroom
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
hahaha for real? 'Tis bone idle laziness. Phobia of getting off your backside and doing some work perhaps but nothing more
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Write essays in your free time to get over your phobia? They'll eventually just become boring and mundane, albeit you'll still get the nerves come before an exam.
lixto
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
plan what you're going to write in the essay super thoroughly before you actually write it. that way, you'll have everything you want to say already set out, and all you'll have to do is put it into coherent sentences!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by lixto)
plan what you're going to write in the essay super thoroughly before you actually write it. that way, you'll have everything you want to say already set out, and all you'll have to do is put it into coherent sentences!
Thank you for your advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads