What about sea monkies? :biggrin:
Reply 21
Adhsur

They'd probably be a fire hazard for the same reason as goldfish :wink:
Reply 22
Helenia
They'd probably be a fire hazard for the same reason as goldfish :wink:

But the jar thingy's barely half the size of a book :smile: I probably have more water in my glass! :biggrin:
Reply 23
Just tell them its a guide dog/fish/sea-monkey
Adhsur

I adore sea monkeys! They sell sea monkey watches now (I have one myself) so I guess you could always put them in there? Then they're technically not in your room, just on you. Saying that, you have to put them back in the tank every now and again so they can eat.
Reply 25
Being a first year student of x subject at y college narrows you down somewhat. As does your sex. If I wanted to find anyone on this board on facebook it would take 10 minutes of trawling through past posts and typing the details in... not hard. One would only have to check the boards every now and again to work out who people are
Reply 26
Adhsur
But the jar thingy's barely half the size of a book :smile: I probably have more water in my glass! :biggrin:

You would have had no problem last year, Avril would have been cool over it, probably best to see what your bedder is like next year and play it by ear. Take the jar and packets down with you and set them off if you think your bedder will be cool with it.
Whyknows
I have cute tarantula and i cant live him at home so if cages are no allowed where i will keep him

You can't. Its as simple as that.

To be honest, I'm sure that a tarantula wouldn't pine or miss you or get lonely in quite the same was as, say, a dog would.

Either way, you can sneak it in and risk getting caught and in trouble, or leave it at home like everyone else has to.
Reply 28
Whyknows
I have cute tarantula and i cant live him at home so if cages are no allowed where i will keep him

It's not that no cages are allowed, it's that no PETS are allowed. Leave him at home.
Aside from the rules etc Does anyone else think that maybe all these tarantulas and hamsters might be the objects of many a horrible prank when surrounded by any bored/drunk students and perhaps its safer to keep them at home purely for there own well being...?

Hey... if you're not allowed pets in your room, do you think they'd let you keep a sheep on the lawn outside... ? :sheep: that would be cool... :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 30
groovy_moose
Aside from the rules etc Does anyone else think that maybe all these tarantulas and hamsters might be the objects of many a horrible prank when surrounded by any bored/drunk students and perhaps its safer to keep them at home purely for there own well being...?

Hey... if you're not allowed pets in your room, do you think they'd let you keep a sheep on the lawn outside... ? :sheep: that would be cool... :biggrin: :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/4621092.stm

As for sheep, go ahead and try.
You could adopt a duck...?
^^oh yeah... i'd forgotton about that, but it's pretty much the kinda thing i had in mind... best kept at home out of harms way, me thinks...

and as for ducks - what a cool idea... thery should start an adopt a duck scheme - i want one!!! I nearly applied to [insert college with the ducks(sorry forgotton, not good with any kind of a name)] just because it had ducks - seemed like a good enough reason, for a fairly arbitrary decision, anyway...
Reply 33
apd35
You would have had no problem last year, Avril would have been cool over it, probably best to see what your bedder is like next year and play it by ear. Take the jar and packets down with you and set them off if you think your bedder will be cool with it.

Hehe I don't really have any sea monkies :redface: , just wondering about the principle of it! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Jigglypuff
I adore sea monkeys! They sell sea monkey watches now (I have one myself) so I guess you could always put them in there? Then they're technically not in your room, just on you. Saying that, you have to put them back in the tank every now and again so they can eat.

Watches?!! :eek: :eek:
Adhsur
Watches?!! :eek: :eek:

Yep! I'm not sure how common they are but I walked past a charity shop in my town and saw it (all packaged and everything, never used) and it was only £1.99 :biggrin: Yeah, pity my sea monkeys have all died now though...I don't think the 'show and tell' at school helped where in each of my classes the teacher told me to pass it around and people shook it to see them move :frown:
Me and my mate Alex have this plan to rustle a llama and leave it in Robinson gardens. Don't think it will ever happen though.

MB
Reply 37
They're geese.

Though I imagine they have ducks too.
Whyknows
Warwick has ducks All pet lovers lets go there :rolleyes: (it was my firs choice anyway:p: )

Those are Canada GEESE!

MB
Jigglypuff
Yep! I'm not sure how common they are but I walked past a charity shop in my town and saw it (all packaged and everything, never used) and it was only £1.99 :biggrin: Yeah, pity my sea monkeys have all died now though...I don't think the 'show and tell' at school helped where in each of my classes the teacher told me to pass it around and people shook it to see them move :frown:

Poor things! Although I have to say, they make me feel a bit nauseous. Nowhere near as good as actual monkeys! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending