Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Modern Languages - French and German - for 2014 entry. An oppurtunity has just become available for me to go on a gap year, and though I'm reluctant to turn it down I don't want it to affect my offer of a place at Durham, which would ideally be my firm choice.

Does anyone have any idea of their deferral policy when it comes to languages applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From their FAQ:

"All requests to change a year of entry will be considered provided they are received either before you receive notification of our decision via UCAS or the 15th January, whichever date is sooner. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to consider requests to change your year of entry if you have received a decision on your application through UCAS except in very exceptional circumstances, where evidence of mitigation will be required, or where it is beneficial for the University to allow the change. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the departmental admissions selector and the Head of Admissions.

Requests received after the 15th January from applicants who have not yet received their decision through UCAS will be considered at the discretion of the department and Head of Admissions and will only be granted if places are still available at that time.

Therefore, if you would like to take a gap year or bring forward your year of entry, we would strongly advise that you contact us as soon as you are aware that your plans might change. "

Basically, contact them now and hope for the best - it might be in their best interests for you to change.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.