Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I dont know if i should text the boy to meet me or not? is that desperate? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and he's 17, and I met him last Friday.He's a mutual friend and he was all over me when we first met and we were both quite drunk too. We agreed to go on a double date the next day, and we went to the cinema and he kissed me quite a lot.. he kissed me goodbye and we held hands and it was all really cute. I text him and we had shared lots of flirty/banter text's and i ended the convo suddenly the next day and forgot to put the same amount of kisses (this sounds silly). He didnt text back, but a day later i did and he was surprised by my text because he thought he had pissed me off somehow but he was happy i text him. we text some more the next day but he hasnt asked to meet me again yet? should i ask him, or just wait, I really really like him SS h e l p

ReputationRep:
    Go ahead

I wouldn't call it desperate :no: and I'd appreciate it tbh. rather than doing all the work

ReputationRep:
    Would he not be turned of this?I'm worried i will look clingy or desperate

ReputationRep:
    By your logic shouldn't he worry about coming of as desperate too ? Just do it for godsake . Woman up.

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt, ask, make it clear. Maybe he is afraid of pushing you, and that leads nowhere. So it looks like its up to you. Its not that he doesn't want to meet up, he doesn't fully know where he stands with you. Well that's what it sounds like to me, so my advice is to make it obvious; not to obvious, you're going to have to judge that for yourself. I'm just some guy on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowlyd)
    I'm 16 and he's 17, and I met him last Friday.He's a mutual friend and he was all over me when we first met and we were both quite drunk too. We agreed to go on a double date the next day, and we went to the cinema and he kissed me quite a lot.. he kissed me goodbye and we held hands and it was all really cute. I text him and we had shared lots of flirty/banter text's and i ended the convo suddenly the next day and forgot to put the same amount of kisses (this sounds silly). He didnt text back, but a day later i did and he was surprised by my text because he thought he had pissed me off somehow but he was happy i text him. we text some more the next day but he hasnt asked to meet me again yet? should i ask him, or just wait, I really really like him SS h e l p
    Somehow, he's accomplished the quite considerable (if not laudable) feat of actually being the less secure person in this relationship: you're going to have to do the legwork, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    how obvious should i be? for instance,, hey fancy meeting up this weekend? or 'i wanna see you again, take me out' as I read on another thread lolol The thing is, he never texts me first but when i text him, he always replies, with the same amount of kisses i put and i can tell he makes loads of effort with his reply to be funny with lots of ' ' faces.
    Actually, scratch the last response – he's me, ten years removed. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    my friend has told me that if he doesnt text me tomorrow, then i should just move on. but he seemed to like me alot, should i just start the conversation myself or does him not texting mean he isnt interested in me at all?
    Ask him out.

ReputationRep:
    what sort of text could i send to hint about meeting up that wouldn't look too desperate that a guy would respond to? if you have any advice

ReputationRep:
    I went on a date with this boy, he initiated every kiss and held my hand <3<3 I text him first sometimes, but he always puts loads of effort into his replies and he thought he pissed me off when i didnt put the same amount of kisses so he didnt text me for a day hahaha! I want to meet him this weekend, but don't know whether i should text him to ask, e.g 'I wanna see you again, take me out...' or 'fancy meeting up this weekend?' haha???
    One day of ignoring you doesn't mean he doesn't like you still. It is likely that he wants to see you too but is too embarassed to ask after he ignored you. Just forget that happened and say something like, "hi what are you doing this weekend? I am free and was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere?xxx" (remeber lots of kisses haha)

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice, has anyone been the girl to text the guy first about meeting up a second time and been successful?? my friend with lots of boy experience told me not to bother, because apparently if he's not interested he won't text me :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.