The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
learn German! most of my friends who learn german (including me) have developed a strange passion for it, so it shouldn't be difficult to keep working at it.

And don't listen to people who say its ugly. Once you know enough of the language to start talking properly in it, imo it becomes quite beautiful. It's subtly beautiful, in it's structure, not obvious like italian etc.

Right that's enough raving about german for now i think...
Reply 61
i voted portuguese but im thinking italian now :p:
Reply 62
.jen.
i voted portuguese but im thinking italian now :p:

Don't like belonging to the prospective losers group?! :p:
Reply 63
Mr. Jim
ah pads, du vet jo at du vil lære norsk :wink:
but since german's the closest thing to it on the list go for that. it sounds cool. and is all elaborate and fun. and it'd be good to get away from all the romance langs (since you've learnt the two good ones anyway).

also i refuse to take responibility for the nasties. i've got skinchies, tiggybutcher you back. so there, you've got responibility lurgy *sticks tongue out*

:p:

:hmmm:
I can make up words too you know, you good-fo-nothin smatterkipbobular-face.
Ah so Italian is winning, with German right behind it. All very close, and we still have like 6 days to go!
I want to learn a new language now! Shouldn't have made the closing date so damn far away. Stupid 20/20 hindsight:rolleyes:
Reply 64
Ooh 45 voters, this thing is picking up speed! German is now in the lead!
Reply 65
Möge der beste gewinnen. :cool:
Reply 66
Jammertal
Möge der beste gewinnen. :cool:

It's a little premature to start talking to me in the language yet Jammy:rolleyes:
Reply 67
Du sollst dich nur schon einmal daran gewöhnen. I think it's a Latin proverbe. The sort of think that they say at the Olympics.
Reply 68
paddylad
:hmmm:
I can make up words too you know, you good-fo-nothin smatterkipbobular-face.
Ah so Italian is winning, with German right behind it. All very close, and we still have like 6 days to go!
I want to learn a new language now! Shouldn't have made the closing date so damn far away. Stupid 20/20 hindsight:rolleyes:

:eek: well if you didnt say that wtf DID you say?? tiggybutcher's when you tig the person who tigged you, and skinchies is when you cross your fingers so you can't get tigged...
je not make words up, i thought the terms used in popular playground games would be pretty universal :redface:
Reply 69
Mr. Jim
:eek: well if you didnt say that wtf DID you say?? tiggybutcher's when you tig the person who tigged you, and skinchies is when you cross your fingers so you can't get tigged...
je not make words up, i thought the terms used in popular playground games would be pretty universal :redface:

Tig:hmmm: And that would be?
Jammertal
Du sollst dich nur schon einmal daran gewöhnen. I think it's a Latin proverbe. The sort of think that they say at the Olympics.

Doesn't look like Latin to me:rolleyes:
Reply 70
paddylad
Tig:hmmm: And that would be?

you are having me on. one person's "on", they chase the others and tig them then they're on too, americans call it tag...?
Reply 71
:eviltongu Originally in latin then. :biggrin:
Reply 72
Jammertal
Don't like belonging to the prospective losers group?! :p:

i was previously a bit ignorant to italian and after reading what other ppl have said i've changed my mind. i think somwhere earlier i was tossing up between italian and portuguese? plus it's his language, i'm not the loser in this :p:
Reply 73
Mr. Jim
you are having me on. one person's "on", they chase the others and tig them then they're on too, americans call it tag...?

Oh, you mean it. As in 'you're it' shouted really loudly, lots of running around etc.
Tig:hmmm:? Tag I can understand:rolleyes:
.jen.
i was previously a bit ignorant to italian and after reading what other ppl have said i've changed my mind. i think somwhere earlier i was tossing up between italian and portuguese? plus it's his language, i'm not the loser in this :p:

OI!! It's not like I'm not here:rolleyes:
paddylad
Oh, you mean it. As in 'you're it' shouted really loudly, lots of running around etc.

Yeah, I always called the game 'It'. Stressed differently to the normal word, though.
Reply 75
paddylad

OI!! It's not like I'm not here:rolleyes:

i'm allowed to talk about you cos you know i love you really :p:
Reply 76
heh. well anyway if you picked italian i could never forgive you. i'd leave and i'd take the kids with me!!

(and i'll teach them how to play tig normally :rolleyes:)
Reply 77
:rofl: Yeah, again: Go german! :cool:
Reply 78
italian has appealed to me cos of the romance, and i forgot about the latin link. i think i said portuguese at first cos i love the place from a holiday point of view :redface:
Reply 79
.jen.
i'm allowed to talk about you cos you know i love you really :p:

Fair enough:rolleyes:
Mr Jim
heh. well anyway if you picked italian i could never forgive you. i'd leave and i'd take the kids with me!!

(and i'll teach them how to play tig normally )

:confused:
So many questions, like why, how, when did we ever have kids etc

Latest

Trending

Trending