The Student Room Group

Why do people call strangers "beautiful", "sexy" or "hot"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ndella
Because they have the security of anonymity behind the computer screen. Creepy as it is, they won't find out who it really is.

Think he's talking about IRL. Hence using the term "hear" :wink:
Reply 21
Original post by MylittlePlusle
This has nothing to do with me not finding someone sexually appealing either... I do sometimes, find some females more than cute ( I have a scale of attractiveness), but it's rare, however I could' ever tell them, I don't think I have any right, they do not know me.

At this point I really don't care - your threads are all to do with the social workings of sexual attraction. You don't get it okay, but we don't care that you don't either.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by WoodyMKC

It's both, I'm sure some males walk up to females and say "Hey there, you look beautiful." On a side note... Why do people use "pick up" lines?!
It's both, I'm sure some males walk up to females and say "Hey there, you look beautiful." On a side note... Why do people use "pick up" lines?!

It's not just a male thing tbh, I've been called "sexy" or had other things hollered at me from girls in the street and stuff, used to get it a lot at college especially.
To make a profit :smile:
I wouldn't like it, they don't know me. Anyway, I've never been called attractive at all. (On the internet, yes, but that doesn't count.)

Why the hell do I need to 'know' you to see that you're physically beautiful, are you an idiot?
Reply 26

Lol sorry, didnt seem to read the text properly :tongue:
It's not just a male thing tbh, I've been called "sexy" or had other things hollered at me from girls in the street and stuff, used to get it a lot at college especially.

Ew... I feel for you...
Original post by IntriguedUser
Why the hell do I need to 'know' you to see that you're physically beautiful, are you an idiot?

I'm not an idiot, why would you call a stranger attractive?
Ew... I feel for you...

Can't say it was an unpleasant experience, tbh. In fact I sometimes took advantage of the situation :lol:
Because they want to make them -not- strangers.
Original post by Desperate Prayer
Because they want to make them -not- strangers.
What's wrong with just saying hello?
I'm not an idiot, why would you call a stranger attractive?

Because they're attractive and I want to tell them.

You really are an idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending